SAIC is looking for a Sharepoint Developer to develop and support out-of-the-box and custom SharePoint solutions using custom scripts, web parts and features pertaining to agency objectives and goals, public programs, education, research, and other initiatives within the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), an independent agency of the United States government. The team operates within the agency’s Information Technology Infrastructure Operations Department (ITIOD). The role is a part of the Development, Modernization, and Enhancement Team providing engineering solutions in support of the PBGC ITIOD. This position will continue to be remote indefinitely.
- Provides support for SharePoint applications
- Interfaces directly with stakeholders to develop quality applications and presentations that meet the standards and needs of the application
- Offer technical guidance to other developers on the team and assists them with developing complex designs as needed
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills
- Provides services to support management, ensures maximum effectiveness in the use of resources for the timely completion of projects
- Recommends changes to applications, content, and presentations as necessary to enhance effectiveness of applications
- Offer strategic guidance to client and develops technical design documentation and Level of Efforts (LOEs) and manage development efforts, determine priorities and timelines, and help meet the client’s objectives
- Conducts technical reviews of the team’s work to ensure timeliness and adherence to development standards and best practices
- Provides communication and reports to SharePoint team lead on team’s performance and potential roadblocks
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or another applicable field
- Extensive experience of HTML, CSS, XSLT and Master Pages to manipulate look and feel of SharePoint sites and deliver a user-friendly experience to the client
- Extensive experience implementing solutions using SharePoint content types, lists, columns, web parts, features, page layouts, managed metadata keywords and other enterprise management features to provide collaboration solutions
- Hands-on experience integrating SharePoint with the O365 Suite, such as Teams and Planner integration, Power BI reporting, Power Automate Flows, and PowerApps
- Extensive experience using InfoPath and SharePoint designer to develop workflows and data view web parts
- Experience with all aspects of SharePoint, including roles, permissions and hierarchy, taxonomy, infrastructure design, metadata and search, SharePoint services, SharePoint Designer and InfoPath
- Experience with out-of-the-box SharePoint capabilities, including hierarchy, permissions, site and list templates, web parts development, workflow and content management
- Experience migrating SharePoint online content and data structures using ShareGate
- Experience developing PowerShell scripts as needed
- Work effectively with Leadership to develop efficient and effective SharePoint solutions to meet business requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot and remediate front end issues
- Enforce site standards, including security policies, to ensure the governance policies and processes are maintained
- Strong documentation and analytical skills
- Strong interaction skills including verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.