SAIC has an opportunity for a Cyber Policy Analyst in Washington, DC!
The position may allow temporary hybrid remote work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request. Requires onsite work.
- Individual will manage, coordinate, provide support and advise on developing policy, procedures, and creating comprehensive operations-focused strategies that reflect the organization’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives
- This will include developing strategic guidance for implementation, reviewing Agency and Executive Branch policies for operational and organizational equities, and performing planning, coordination, preparation, and support during Agency and interagency policy development, staffing, and coordination efforts
- Individual will provide internal/external support for a variety of meetings/conference calls
- The candidate will require very good written and briefing skills to appropriately communicate with Cyber leadership and individual managers
- The individual will assist E-CISO/PLT leadership in integrating information related to the cybersecurity mission and policy area, and developing recommendations within E-CISO/PLT and with external partners on operational matters related to applicable laws, statutes, and policies
- Individual will provide assistance with current and future policies, strategies and operations; perform research and analysis of national policy; and provide recommendations on methods to enhance the coordination and de-confliction of cybersecurity operations consistent with their requirements
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of challenges and develops solutions thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
- Participate as a team member conducting cyber-related strategic planning, research, analysis, and coordination activities to support customer goals and objectives as part of a larger US Government cybersecurity strategy and policy efforts at multiple classification levels
- Assist in developing and coordinating the execution of internal E-CISO/PLT processes and procedures in coordination internal Cyber mission offices to support incident-driven activities
- Develop cyber strategy and policy documents to support US Government operational execution of cybersecurity programs, to include interaction with foreign government, private sector, and public interface
- Develop briefings and talking points for senior government leadership participation in internal and external events, often on short notice
- Lead cyber strategy, policy development, and policy implementation projects that include developing work breakdown structures, timelines, staff selection, and Level of Effort (LOE) estimates for projects
- Contribute to government, critical infrastructure/key resources, and public-private cyber policy development and coordination, including the development of CONOPS, operational requirements, capabilities, and competencies
- Develop, implement, and communicate Information Technology (IT) security policy, standards, best practices, guidance, and procedures
- Develop IT security-related policy briefings, presentations, and white papers for distribution to the diverse user community
- Perform complex analysis of cyber, intelligence, and law enforcement/counterintelligence policy and governance issues
- Monitor cybersecurity-focused legislation efforts and provide regular analysis to the customer on legislation advancements pertinent to the Department of State mission
- Identify gaps and conflicts in cybersecurity policy and governance guidance and make recommendations to address these areas
- Coordinate plans, policy, and governance documents employing customer-defined staffing processes
- Provide support for policy and operational risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, and security testing
- Work with a diverse professional staff, including security engineers and architects, privacy, policy, and risk analysts, mission assurance and IT/cybersecurity professionals to ensure security and privacy requirements are incorporated throughout the policy development life-cycle
- Relevant experience must be in one or more of the following areas: computer or information systems, information/cyber/network security, vulnerability analysis, data analysis, information assurance, or systems engineering
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field with 5+ years of experience OR HS and 9+ years of experience
- Minimum of 5 years of IT or Policy related experience is required
- Experience in information operation planning, mission analysis, threat analysis, or COA development and concept of operation production
- Experience managing tasks/project facilitation and interfacing regularly with senior government officials
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships in all levels of the organization, including customers, prime contractor organizations, internal management and support organizations
- US Citizenship
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.