Job ID: 2310389
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 22, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Engineer with technical experience to Lead the Position Navigation and Timing (PNT) Enterprise Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Navigation Warfare (NAVWAR) team, to work in El Segundo, CA. The Global Positioning System (GPS) SE&I Team provides engineering, technical analysis and subject matter expertise (SME) support for GPS, supporting the Space Systems Command. The NAVWAR team provides systems engineering and analysis services to include system development, enterprise and system architecture, acquisition, testing, operations and sustainment support for existing and new capabilities. As a member of our PNT SE&I team, you’ll work in a high-paced environment with Government personnel and system developers to ensure GPS remains the gold standard for position, navigation and timing. The successful candidate will collaborate and communicate with the SE&I leadership team to ensure NAVWAR processes and products are delivered and integrated with all relevant PNT systems engineering and integration engineering areas of responsibility.
Major duties of this position include:
· Provide guidance and technical support in the areas of Crypto Key Management, Selective Availability and Anti-Spoofing Module (SAASM) engineering, and NAVWAR Systems Engineering.
· Manage team of engineers in creating, maintaining and updating software analysis tools to enable the GPS Systems Engineering team to verify requirements, support GPS enterprise testing, implement the Y-code and M-code cryptographic algorithms, validate National Security Agency (NSA) operational key material, and create Test Data Material (TDM.)
· Support the PNT Enterprise in implementing GPS capabilities, requirements, architectures, concepts, designs and technologies by completing technical assessments, providing recommended courses of action and assisting in discrepancy resolution.
· Interact with the Systems Engineering government team, other program government leads, external organizations (e.g. FAA, DOT) and prime contractors to ensure that system requirements and interfaces are consistent and valid across the GPS Enterprise.
· Actively participate as a Subject Matter Expert in the GPS requirements process, Technical Baseline Change Manage Process (TBCMP), to include requirements development, and helping responsible engineers with Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs) and Adjudication Working Groups (AWG).
· Evaluate and analyze prime contractors plans, schedules, and requirements baselines in order to identify disconnects between programs of record.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.