SAIC’s Defense System Group is currently hiring engineering positions supporting the transformation of the US Army. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities. SAIC has an opening for a motivated, career, and customer-oriented Senior Principal Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering technical services support onsite with several Army Futures Command (AFC) Cross-Functional Teams (CFTs) located in:
- Fort Sill, OK – Long Range Precision Fire (LRPF) & Air Missile Defense (AMD) CFTs
- Fort Moore, GA – Soldier Lethality (SL) CFT
- Orlando, FL – Synthetic Training Environment (STE) CFT
- Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD – Network CFT
- Huntsville, AL – Contested Logistics (CL) & Assured Position Navigation & Timing (APNT) CFTs
This work establishes the transformation of future systems. We are supporting the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions at the Enterprise level for multiple signature modernization efforts.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Working in collaboration with CFT personnel to achieve approval of engineering products through engineering reviews and engineering milestone events
- Working across multiple Offices and Organizations to identify and define needs
- Identifying and defining future capability and interoperability needs
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Developing strategies in support of Department of Defense (DoD) architectures
- Assessing the performance of current and future architecture concepts
- Providing technical and programmatic guidance to the architecture and system level requirements process
- Prepare briefings for senior decision makers
- Provide technical leadership in applying Digital Engineering concepts, processes, and tools in helping the government plan and define capabilities needed to better support mission operations (e.g., automation, situational awareness, etc.) in support of a mission system.
- Analyze user needs, concept of operations, and high-level systems architectures to develop system requirements.
- Integrate operations models with acquisition models within the digital engineering ecosystem.
- Provide technical support to government points of contacts.
- Collaborate with SETA team members, development contractors, and customer forums.
- Effectively communicate and interface with engineers from various contractors and government organizations.
- Develop assessments and briefings to a variety of audiences; conveys information in crisp, articulate manner.
- Bachelors degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Four (4) years' additional experience can be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Expert-level proficiency with use of architecting to support senior level enterprise decision making
- Experience with architecture tools
- Architecture domain understanding from a holistic enterprise perspective
- Ability to recommend enterprise architecture tradeoffs, impacts, and advancement
- Proven experience in development and use of modeling for architecture solutions
- Expert-level understanding of core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Experience with lifecycle readiness from System Requirements Review through system decommissioning
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forums
- Proven experience with technical fundamentals in existing Army program (e.g. ground vehicles, air, missile defense, soldier systems)
- Working knowledge of the Request for Change (RFC) process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Certified Architect (e.g. DoDAF, TOGAF, UAF, MODAF, Zachman)
- Knowledge of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Knowledge of Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Experience in Cameo EA/MagicDraw or similar Enterprise Architecture Tool set
- Prior experience in support of the US Army
- Experience with the Army Capabilities Integration and Development System (ACIDS)/ Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS)
- Must have an Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.