Job ID: 2311077
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 11, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Aerospace Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Provide Systems Engineering throughout full lifecycle for state of the art Spacecraft systems. The individual will provide technical and engineering support to segment integration activities that include segment-level system engineering/integration activities including systems requirements analysis, requirements flow-down and traceability and verification; configuration and date management, risk management, reliability & maintainability analysis (RMA), mission assurance activities, requirements validation and verification, support for coordination of engineering and interfaces both internal and external segments. Participate in all levels of design reviews, maintain and verify segment-level requirements and evaluate specification, verification plans, procedures and results, test data, and qualification and acceptance test plans and results.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Coordinate and collaborate with developers, technology development offices, program managers
· Assist in requirements definition and in development of SOW, technical specifications, and RFP documentation
· Apply program management knowledge to achieve technical performance within cost and schedule constraints. Identify risks to program plans, develop corrective action plans, conduct ECP reviews and technical evaluations, cost and schedule evaluations, proposal evaluations, and formulate budgets
· Support design and engineering interface definition between bus and payload functions, including trades as to where various functions are integrated
· Support system communication and ground interface definitions
· Support the oversight of anomaly adjudication and resolution by direct finding, reviews, audits, inquires, and investigations of processing, testing, or operational failures to deliver the government’s decisions
· Assist in maintaining the CONOPs, interfaces, architecture and standards
· Perform requirements analysis, requirements flow-down and traceability and evaluate suitability of verification, qualification, and acceptance methodology
· Perform systems and sub-system level design analysis, as necessary, to determine if the design is both adequate to meet program requirements and is cost effective
· Travel within the US 1-2 time per month for up to 3 days per trip (approx. 4 times per year)
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· 10+ years’ engineering with satellite systems
· BS in engineering, preferably in aerospace, electrical, mechanical, or systems
· Experience working in satellite system program office or a satellite developer
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.