Job ID: 2310957
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2023
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Business Dev
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking to bring on a Business Development Director. This position reports to the Vice President of Programs (VPP) in the Federal Civilian Customer Group. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Federal Civilian Executive Team and Federal Civilian Account Managers (AM) to execute the responsibilities outlined below. Within this partnership, the candidate will share overall responsibility for business development strategy, planning and execution for opportunities with the FDA, HHS, and NIH customers, as directed. This position was specifically tailored to attract and grow the next generation of SAIC Federal Civilian leadership. The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience and career path trajectory required to manage the full scope of business practices required to manage a book of business, including business development, pipeline development, client management, and proposal development responsibilities.
The successful candidate understands the missions of the respective Agencies and their cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs and their challenges. This role effectively encompasses two primary areas of responsibility, Business Development and capture management support. The candidate is responsible for leading target Agency strategic planning and positioning with full support from a corporate infrastructure that includes, capture management, proposal development and management, subject matter expertise covering a broad range of portfolio capabilities. Assess opportunities to eliminate or move forward through SAIC’s Pre-Award process so an opportunity is included in SAIC’s pipeline metrics as a qualified opportunity.
The Business Development responsibilities include opportunity identification, qualification and maturation to assist SAIC in determining pursue no pursue decisions. The Business Development responsibilities require the candidate to lead the throughout the qualification process and stay deeply involved in developing the company’s win strategy. This position is a senior level business development and therefore it is expected this individual will manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity. The Business Development activities will promote the complete portfolio of services from SAIC’s Market Segments to our client base.
The SAIC Market Segments include Engineering, Integration & Mission Solutions, Information Technology and Solutions, and Platform Integration, Logistics, Readiness & Sustainment. Also include Software Integration, Managed IT services; Hardware Integration &Logistics/Supply Chain management; Mission Engineering and Program Support; Training Services; Cyber, Cloud & Data Sciences; Intelligence Systems Engineering and Policy.
Market analysis, strategic business planning including identification, qualification, and marketing aspects of a complete capture that will lead to the award of major programs. This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development and sales resources available across SAIC. This position requires the candidate to engage with existing programs to understand current execution and identify improvement opportunities. Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, times & material, and performance based contracting are required.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelors or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree and 18+ years of related experience.
• Must have prior Business Development Government contracting experience
• Must have experience selling into Federal Health agencies along with a track record of success.
• The candidate must have a reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment.
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
• Must be able to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers.
• A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $50M that meets and exceeds challenging goals and quotas is required.
• Five years of related and recent federal business development experience is required. Ten plus years of recent business development experience.
• Past experience in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid including, customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agency is considered an advantage.
• The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
• Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry- out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
• Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
• This position is based in Reston, VA and will require business travel as needed.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.