SAIC is seeking a cleared SW Engineer Sr Principal to support the US Navy in Yokosuka, Japan.
Note: This position is onsite at the customer site 5 days a week in Yokosuka, Japan. The ideal candidate would be local to the Yokosuka, Japan area. This position offers cost of living allowance (COLA) and housing overseas living allowance (HOLA) based on location.
- The candidate shall provide on-site hardware and software support, engineering and technical services specialized interface to intelligence/sensor systems, scientific analysis/studies, software development, system integration, security testing, assessment and authorization, operational site installation support, as well as providing training, and life cycle support.
- The candidate will provide in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting in various expertise for example: multiple network and serial communication circuit routers, switches, firewalls, DMZ architectures, RAID design and maintenance, JBOD design and maintenance, and Audit server design and maintenance.
- The candidate shall possess the combination of software development, Security Requirements, peer communications systems, Military Operational Environments, troubleshooting expertise, extensive knowledge, and experience in developing and fielding at 24/7 Military Operations Centers worldwide. Provides software and hardware maintenance, design and development input, integration, troubleshooting, and installation services to NIWC on the C4I capabilities for JMSDF Foreign Military Sales (FMS) customer at operational sites.
- Provides System Administrator support duties to include setting up user accounts, user roles, profiles, monitoring, and maintaining operational systems at 24/7 military operations center.
- Provides continuous maintenance and troubleshooting of critical communications data and connectivity software code to facilitate two-way connections to multiple classified networks and serial communication channels for each assigned site.
- Provides support services including system backups, installation of security and system software updates, mass storage management, and track archive maintenance.
- Provides training on JCDX systems to watch personnel on track receipt, analysis, fusion, and dissemination. Also provides training on track data base management, product generation (including messages generation, graphics creation and dissemination, and track data base maintenance).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics and nine (9) years relative experience; OR master’s degree and seven (7) years relative experience. Additional years experience or comparable military experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer within 6 months of hire.
- Candidate must be fluent in English and Japanese.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must currently hold a Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.