Job ID: 2310823
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Principal Electrical Engineer in our Los Angeles Air Force Base in El Segundo, CA to support the Independent Readiness Review Team (IRRT). The IRRT ensures the Space System Center (SSC) space vehicles, launch vehicles built properly to perform reliably over the systems mission life. The IRRT mission is to deliver technically superior risk assessments and smart risk mitigation options to assure SSC space systems’ mission success in support of the joint warfighter and the nation. The SSC Space Flight Worthiness maintains the IRRT to provide an independent assessment of program risks and risk mitigation options to SSC leadership for designated SSC launch vehicles, space vehicles, and ground control systems. The IRRT acts independently from the programs under its review, and the SSC/CC is the final authority for directing and authorizing reviews by the IRRT.
· Support the avionics panel by providing technical assistance in launch vehicle avionics hardware systems.
· Technical evaluation and risk assessments of guidance and navigation hardware, thrust vector control, attitude control, electrical power, electrical distribution, electrical interfaces, telemetry, tracking, command, communications, and sensors.
· Evaluation of the design, development, analysis and testing of radio frequency and digital and analog electronic circuits, units and systems, and aspects of hardware in other technical areas (Parts, Materials and Processes).
· Evaluate risk in test and evaluation, to include system test procedures, test results, system and subsystem environmental tests, configuration management, system checkout procedures, launch operations, orbital operations, software, system interfaces, post flight analysis, test range instrumentation support and planning, flight safety, and security.
· Technical evaluations and risk assessments in product assurance include quality assurance/manufacturing, reliability, parts/materials/ processes control, contamination/corrosion control, and a comparison of the adequacy of the product for performance and build quality against design disclosure and fleet norms.
· Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) support, including subject matter expertise (SME), in support of IRRT mission areas as directed in SMC-S-16, SMC-G-1201, SMC-G-1202, SMC-G-1203, and SMC-G-1204.
· Ensures SSC space vehicles, launch vehicle built properly to perform reliably over the system mission life.
· Support IPTs in developing draft charts in support of Readiness Reviews described in those guides.
· Perform peer reviews as a member of the technical panel on space vehicles, control segments, and launch vehicles developed by SSC prime contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors.
· Master’s Degree is required and limited to Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or a Physical Science.
· Minimum 15+ years of hands-on design, build, test experience in one or more of the following arears: Circuits, Flight Computers, electrical power distribution, electro-mechanical devices, telemetry, or Navigation and Control hardware design, qualification, and acceptance.
· Industry experience with Space Vehicles avionics.
· Experience conducting technical evaluation and risk assessments in product assurance including quality assurance/manufacturing, reliability, parts/materials/ processes control, contamination/corrosion control, and a comparison of the adequacy of the product for performance and build quality against design disclosure and fleet norms.
· Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
· Demonstrated experience in executing tasks in a timely manner.
· Demonstrated experience with team leadership, and program/project management.
· Demonstrated experience working with Air Force and DoD contractors in a development environment.
· Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
· Current Secret clearance required.
· Prior Space Force Space System Center program experience
· Prior experience with Space Vehicles and DoD satellite programs
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.