Job ID: 2310820
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Software Engineer in our Los Angeles Air Force Base in El Segundo, CA to support the Enterprise Mission Assurance Team (IRRT). The IRRT ensures the Space Systems Center (SSC) space vehicles, launch vehicles, and ground control systems built properly to perform reliably over the systems mission life. The IRRT’s mission is to deliver technically superior risk assessments and smart risk mitigation options to assure SSC space systems’ mission success in support of the joint warfighter and the nation. The SSC Assured Access to Space Directorate (SSC/AATS) maintains the IRRT to provide an independent assessment of program risks and risk mitigation options to SSC leadership for designated SSC launch vehicles, space vehicles, and ground control systems. The IRRT acts independently from the programs under its review, and the SSC/CC is the final authority for directing and authorizing reviews by the IRRT.
· Support the software Panel by providing technical assistance in space and launch vehicle propulsion systems.
· Technical evaluation and risk assessments of electrical units in the following subsystems: Satellite or Ground Station Software systems.
· Technical evaluation of all Space Vehicle (SV) line/shop replaceable units and components design, development, analysis and testing of performance, pedigree or End Item Data Package review and evaluation, anomaly review and evaluation, flightworthiness, and risk assessment.
· Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) support, including subject matter expertise (SME), in support of IRRT mission areas as directed in SMC-G-1201, SMC-G-1202, SMC-G-1203, and SMC-G-1204.
· Ensures that SMC space vehicles, launch vehicles, and ground systems were built properly to perform reliably over the system’s mission life.
· Support IPTs in developing draft charts in support of Readiness Reviews described in those guides.
· Perform peer reviews as a member of the technical panel on space vehicles, control segments, and launch vehicles developed by SSC prime contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required and limited to Computer Science
• Minimum 10+ years of hands-on design, build, code, or test experience in one or more of the following arears: Launch Vehicle, Satellite or Ground Station Software
Must have a Secret Clearance
• Significant experience in performing risk analysis and mitigation on Space Vehicles or Launch Vehicle solid and liquid propulsion systems and its subsystem components using DoD approved risk analysis process.
• Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
• Demonstrated experience in executing tasks in a timely manner.
Demonstrated experience with team leadership, and program/project management
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.