SAIC has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator supporting C4ES USCENTCOM. The position is based in Manchester, Tennessee. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and updating Windows Server and Linus Server environment with the GCCS-J environment for the USCENTCOM enterprise.
Roles & responsibilities include:
- Build, configure, and administrate all aspects of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6, 7, & 8
- Familiar with Ansible and be able to deploy via AWX
- Manage users and groups accordingly
- Skills associated with installation, maintenance, and operations of a mixed enterprise consisting of Windows and Red Hat Linux server environments.
- Perform systems administration, software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services to Headquarters USCENTCOM, and their components for the support of GCCS-J which includes the suite of applications; Active Directory, DNS, Time Server, Agile Client, and Joint Range Extension (JRE).
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the process for controlling problems.
- Performs a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiates preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Interfaces with vendors for trouble calls.
- Supports the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- Producing management information related to problem management.
- Allocating resources to support efforts related to problem management.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of error control and making recommendations for improving.
Ensuring problems are escalated and tracked at the proper priority level.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of progressively responsible experience is desired or 3+ year’s of experience (preferred) in lieu of education.
- Experience working with Windows OS, Windows Server, Linux, VMware, Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Military of Civilian experience with GCCS/AIDE (preferred, but not required).
- Security+ Certification or DoD 8570 equivalent is required.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI if hired.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.