Job ID: 2309778
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC seeks a Transformational R&D Systems Engineer to join our team of professionals providing technical and program services to the U.S. Government (USG). SAIC provides research, engineering, design, analysis, acquisition, development, integration, test, and operations support USG Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development and delivery of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
The engineer sought provides Systems Engineering & Technical Advisory (SETA) support services to a USG Program Office leading Research & Development (R&D) of evolutionary, revolutionary, and transformational space systems and technology. This R&D program office is demonstrating autonomy and collaborative behaviors in the space environment through the development of a unique demonstration satellite system and other associated risk reduction efforts. The specific focus of this position is software development and technical, programmatic, and systems engineering support for system integration.
· Work jointly with the program office technical leads to manage satellite mission flight and ground software development for a research and development program.
· Program Planning
§ Stay abreast of emergent and changing technologies and software development practices
§ Technical and programmatic support through the entire project life cycle including concept development, system definition, acquisition planning, source selection, system design, development, integration and test, system delivery, and mission operations.
§ Assist with prioritization of work to meet deadlines utilizing available resources
· Establish and maintain a process for evaluation hardware, software, and associated documentation and assists in the evaluation process
· Analyze testing of new software application in various environments and verify software integration with space systems flight demo to include ground software technologies
· Conduct comparative analysis between different software packages and frameworks
· Participate in Agile Software development initiatives (standup, planning, increment planning) to support innovation and enhancement of applications through iteration/functionality testing
· Provide technical support to USG customer flight demo software design, development, test and integration, including demo major milestones review
· Support technical review and assessment of concepts, systems, technologies, designs, architectures, interfaces, and operation of space and ground systems.
· Support internal and external program office communication on technical and programmatic progress related to software development and integration
· Briefings and reports including technical and programmatic assessments presenting analysis, results, conclusions, and recommendations. Brief USG staff and industry partners, as requested.
· Be an active member of enterprise R&D, learning, and innovation environment creating, gathering, and sharing knowledge to grow organizational competency and capability.
· Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
· Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or math discipline with 9 years’ experience;
· Relevant education, knowledge, skills, and/or experience in space systems, systems engineering
· Modern space flight software development and systems engineering
· Agile software development methodologies centered around the idea of iterative development
· System acquisition, design, development, integration, verification and testing, and/or flight operations
· Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint)
· Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Interpersonal and communication skills for written reports, group discussion, and oral presentations
· Relevant education, knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or experience in:
· R&D of space and/or ground systems
· Overhead space systems collection in one or more domains (signals, imagery)
· Small Satellite (SmallSat) systems (single vehicles, clusters, and/or constellations)
· Flight safety and/or Mission Assurance of space systems
· Edge data processing
· Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning technologies applied to space systems
· Systems autonomy
· IC mission, organizations, disciplines, systems, and/or processes
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.