SAIC is seeking a Space Systems Engineer/Integrator to join our team. SAIC provides specialized analysis, engineering, design, and operations support to a variety of USG Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
The Space Systems Engineer/Integrator supports a USG System Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for engineering and integration of small satellite (smallsat) systems development and acquisition. As an individual contributor and an integral team member, the Space Systems Engineer/Integrator works with high-performing systems engineers and acquisition specialists applying lifecycle systems engineering, integration, and test practices to deliver new and innovative smallsat systems.
Specifically, the Space Systems Engineer/Integrator will serve onsite with USG and other contractor personnel delivering Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) expertise to include the following functions:
- Provide technical review and advisory support on feasibility, development, acquisition, and operation of innovative technologies for future architectures, systems, capabilities, and performance.
- Integrate across multiple projects to ensure balanced and unified USG customer portfolio organized around future objective enterprise architecture and strategic vision.
- Define acquisition strategies and project plans, project life cycle plans, and associated schedules.
- Define and document program level systems engineering process and integrate with enterprise level end to end systems engineering process.
- Identify, track, and resolve life cycle risks, issues, and opportunities.
- Create integration, verification, validation, and test strategies and plans.
- Define mission assurance strategies and plans. Capture and document lessons learned.
- Write technical performance measurement plans and conduct performance assessments. Develop Measures of Effectiveness, Measures of Performance, Key Performance Parameters, and Technical Performance Measures to help quantify project and mission success.
- Active TS/SCI with/Poly.
- Bachelor’s degree with 18 years of relevant experience
- High quality writing skills.
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- High work ethic to produce quality deliverables in a timely manner based on USG request.
- Basic knowledge in application of SEIT methods to satellite, launch, and ground systems.
- Basic knowledge of acquisition and source selection policies and processes of USG.
- Quality communication skills supporting written reports, group discussion, and oral briefings.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and achieve consensus in an effective and timely manner.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.