SAIC has an opening for an Embedded Systems Architect within our Engineering Innovation Factory (EIF). This position may be remote for the right candidate.
- Develop a proficiency in creating and maintaining analytical models of complex cyber-physical with a tool such as ML Design or Mirabilis VisualSim to enable rapid trade study of complete embedded system architecture designs. This proficiency will then be applied to programs in the capture, bid/estimation, concept, and preliminary design phases to ensure low-risk solution approaches.
- Develop a proficiency in digital engineering practices with the EIF. The EIF seeks to connect all digital artifacts across the product lifecycle through our digital thread platform hosted within our digital engineering ecosystem, Ready One (https://readyone.net).
- Develop a proficiency in embedded system software development using next generation DevOps tools such as Wind River Studio, PlatformIO, and Synopsys Silver and facilitate integration of these systems into Ready One.
- Develop program specific approaches to model-in-the-loop, software-in-the-loop, and hardware-in-the-loop integration and verification processes and reporting mechanisms.
- Apply knowledge and expertise in all phases of the development / deployment cycle across various programs executing within SAIC.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Enginerring, Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 9 years of development experience in embedded systems or MS in EE, ME, CS or related field and 7 years of development experience.
- Experience in both the hardware and software development aspects of embedded systems (shaping requirements (functional and non-functional), allocation of system functions to hardware and software elements of the design, software architecture development, software development, and software test, verification, and validation mechanisms).
- Experience troubleshooting at the system level (familiarity with real-time distributed networks (1553, CAN, ARINC-429, etc…).
- Demonstrated history of a hands-on approach to problem solving and incremental integration practices.
- Controls engineering experience and the ability to model dynamical systems in environments such as Simulink is a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.