Job ID: 2309942
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Ground Acquisition Engineer to provide project engineering and acquisition Systems Engineering Technical Advisory (SETA) support to assist the Government Program Office Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) in planning, acquiring, developing, and monitoring engineering development and procurement contracts. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly and is located in Chantilly, Virginia.
SAIC is seeking personnel with experience performing the following roles:
- Provide support to the COTR in acquiring ground systems and providing oversight of Contractor’s program execution. Monitor performance requirements and compliance with contract technical requirements.
- Develop acquisition and contracting strategies and plans and associated documents for procurement acquisitions
- Develop Statements of Works (SOWs) and Request for Proposal packages to include bidder instructions and evaluation criteria
- Support development of product technical requirements and prepare System Requirements Specifications/ Technical Requirements Documents for procurement acquisitions.
- Support Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) development for Space-Ground systems
- Provide recommendation of specifications and standards to be placed as program compliance/reference documents in contract.
- Serve as advisor for technical evaluation of Contractor proposals.
- Review contractor technical design documentation and data deliverables. Provide feedback to the COTR on documentation. Documentation includes:
o Proposed architecture and design
o Requirements functional analysis and allocation results
o Test Program, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports
o Systems Engineering Master Plan (SEMP)
o System/Subsystem Specifications (Hardware and Software)
o Hardware/Software Build Plan
o Integrated Master Schedules
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Participate as part of Government Program Office Team reviewing and participating in Contractor formal design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR).
- Witness Contractor conducted testing based upon technical expertise.
- Conduct risk and opportunity management analysis.
- Ability to independently work through all stages of tasking.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Acquisition and/or project engineering experience required
- BS in engineering or technical field strongly desired
- Must have TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
- Experience with grounds systems, ground terminals/antennas and associated site facility infrastructure, or other space/ground (satellite communications/SATCOM) systems desired
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.