Cybersecurity Data Analyst SME
Job ID: 2309619
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Enterprise Architect
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Cybersecurity Data Analyst SME who holds a Splunk Core Power User or Splunk Core Advanced Power User certification to join our team in Arlington, VA, supporting the DISA-JSP customer.
Shift Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 to 5:00 PM core hours with occasional after hours’ onsite work to support both a NIPR and SIPR environment.
- Identify, analyze, and assess enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Analyze cybersecurity vulnerability analytics.
- Develop and implement information assurance standards and procedures.
- Identify, report, and resolve security vulnerability and security violations.
- Establish and satisfy information assurance and security requirements based upon. the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Implement and maintain security postures within complex network architectures.
- Apply Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) levels on all servers, workstations, and laptops.
- Provide support via scripts / scripting.
- Monitor the implementation of and compliance with RMF standards to ensure uniform application of the standards and consistency in security of accredited systems.
- Develop risk management guidelines that are based on the RMF standards of NIST SP 800-37.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or at least five (5) years of equivalent work experience in lieu of degree + 9 years of related experience.
- This position requires an active DoD Top Secret Clearance and compliance with IAT Level II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP.) Applicants not meeting these requirements will not be considered.
Splunk Core Power User or Splunk Core Advanced Power User certification.
- Knowledge with automation scripting for vulnerability mitigation and repeatable processes.
- Knowledge of Cyber detections tools, i.e., HBSS and ACAS.
- Experience/knowledge of Splunk, Elastic Search, Spark, Hadoop and Kafka.
- Experience with monitoring, collecting server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic utilizing Splunk, ArcSight, or Elastic Search.
- Knowledge of the DoD vulnerability scanning requirements utilizing DOD DRSI Standards and Tools.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts.
- Knowledge of dashboards utilized for delivering technical reports and formal papers on test findings.
- Experience in Linux, Windows Server 2008 and higher, VMWare, Citrix, and any other Cloud Services Platform such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Cloud Services.
- Knowledge of and comprehension on how to implement 8570.01-M./DoD 8140.
- Experience working with large structured, semi-structured or unstructured datasets and transforming and combining those data sets for exploration and modeling.
- Experience implementing and utilizing predictive analysis and histogram trending in a production setting.
- Experience with deploying patch and hot-fixed mitigation implementations with deadlines for various Operating System Platforms utilizing tools such as Red Hat Satellite Server, YUM Server, Microsoft SMS, Group Policy, PowerShell scripting, Tanium or Puppet.
- Familiarity with ACAS and DISA Risk Score calculations.
- Active DoD 8140 IAT Level III certification.
- Experience in the JSP environment.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.