SAIC has an opening for a Data Analytics Internal Auditor. In this role, the primary responsibility will be to use advanced data analytics techniques and leverage robotic process automation tools to assess and enhance the efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness of audit processes. You will play a crucial role in helping the organization identify and mitigate risks, improve operational processes, and drive data-driven decision making. This position may be remote for the right candidate.
- Develop and implement data analytics strategies for audits, including the identification of relevant data sources, data extraction, transformation, and analysis
- Utilize statistical analysis, data mining, and visualization techniques to identify anomalies, patterns, trends, and potential areas of risk or process improvement
- Collaborate with audit team members to integrate data analytics into audit procedures, identify key audit areas, and enhance audit testing methodologies
- Perform data validation and quality assurance procedures to endure data accuracy and integrity
- Build audit reports using dashboards and visualization techniques
Audit Planning and Execution:
- Participate in the planning and scoping of audits, considering the potential use of data analytics and RPA (as applicable) in risk assessment and audit approach
- Collaborate with audit teams to understand business processes, identify control objectives, and determine the most effective data-driven audit procedures
- Conduct data analysis to detect anomalies, identify exceptions, and assess compliance with policies, processes, and regulations
- Prepare clear and concise audit reports, highlighting findings, recommendations, and opportunities for process improvement
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, tools, and techniques in data analytics, and audit methodologies
- Provide guidance and training to audit team members on data analytics, techniques, tools, and best practices
- Continuously evaluate and enhance data analytics and RPA processes (as applicable), methodologies, and techniques to drive efficiency and effectiveness within the audit function
- Collaborate with stakeholders to promote data-driven decision making and cultivate a culture of innovation and automation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, information systems, data science, or a related field and 3+ years of experience, or a Master's Degree and 1+ year of experience.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in data analytics techniques, statistical analysis, data mining, and visualization tools (e.g., SQL, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Solid understanding of auditing principles, practices, and standards
- Familiarity with relevant regulations, industry standards, and frameworks (e.g., COSO, COBIT)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Must be a US Citizen
- Professional certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or relevant data analytics certifications desired
- Experience with RPA tools and platforms such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, etc. is desired
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.