Job ID: 2309377
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 25, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an experienced systems administrator with background in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting cross-domain systems. Must have excellent speaking, listening and written communication skills. Team oriented and customer focused attitude is critical due to multiple networking locations and varied U.S. Government end users.
- Maintain all components of computer network software including software licenses, software version updates, anti-virus software, firewalls, routers, switch configuration as required - Installing, configuring and troubleshooting network hardware issues
- Troubleshoot hardware and software, run diagnostics, document problems and solutions, prioritizing fixes, and assess current and future impact of issues
- Monitoring and generating data analytics focused on improving network throughput performance
- Communicating networking issues to internal team as well as Gov't Lead. Provide documentation and technical specifications to leadership for planning and implementing new or upgrades of end-to-end networking software and hardware.
- Training and educating new users
- Occasional on-call work after normal work hours (nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field with 5+ years of experience. Relevant years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Active TS/SCI with current or expired poly (will be updated upon hiring)
- Database, network administration, or system administration experience
- DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II required (such as CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, CND, or SSCPy)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux Redhat Enterprise, Microsoft Server network protocols are required
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, remote desktop, remote computer management or equivalent
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Ability to problem solve and think critically sometimes independent of significant experience or documentation of the problem area
- Strong customer Communication skills
- Must work well within team environment but accomplish tasks independantly with little to no impact on other teammates task
- Project management skills
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.