Job ID: 2309341
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an Azure Cloud Engineer to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC. The Azure Cloud Engineer's primary responsibilities include responsibility for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Azure PaaS/IaaS environment.
· To conceptualize, design and architect the Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS)/Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) environment.
· Develop the architecture and design deliverables and provide support as an Azure SME.
· Gather specifications and deliver solutions to the organization based on understanding of Microsoft Azure domain/technology.
· Effectively present public and hybrid cloud-based architectural design concepts and solutions to all levels in the organization.
· Drive decision making, identify alternatives, pros and cons, and make recommendations.
· Anticipate when architectural change will be needed and prepare the organization for a successful transition.
· Build public and hybrid cloud-based, optimized reference applications/infrastructure, show-casing event driven, elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns.
· Drive public and hybrid cloud-based, proof-of-concept prototypes that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our customer how technology can be leveraged.
· Identify, analyze and resolve the most complex public and hybrid cloud-based issues. Identify and balance risks and rewards to meet objectives.
· Three (3) years’ experience and proven success in Azure design, support and management within a large-scale organization.
· Direct experience in Cloud platform technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Oracle Cloud, etc.
· Proven expert knowledge of virtual application delivery technologies.
· Experience building and deploying with Linux, UNIX and Windows technologies.
· Experience supporting and documenting build and configuration changes throughout environments.
· Understanding of industry standard system architecture and system management concepts and tools.
· Experience in the design, deployment, and support of large, complex systems.
Clearance: Must be able to attain Public Trust.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.