SAIC has an immediate opening for a Network Infrastructure Engineer supporting USCENTCOM in Tampa, FL.
Roles and Responsibilities to include:
- Both broad and deep technology knowledge in network engineering design and maintenance as well as the ability to architect solutions by applying advanced analysis skills to map customer operational challenges to appropriate end-to-end technology solutions.
- Provide overall enterprise level LAN and WAN IP-based infrastructure systems planning, operations and maintenance, and management.
- Manage infrastructures for operational networks, of multiple security classification levels.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for all matters related to network infrastructure efforts.
- Perform analyses on networks to discover and document the baseline.
- Support planning and execution of network installations and hardware upgrades.
- Perform engineering trouble shooting/problem solving at the system and component levels.
- Conduct LAN (OSPF, EIGRP, Spanning-Tree, etc) and WAN (BGP, DMVPN, VRF-lite, etc) preventive and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting/problem resolution.
- Use network analysis tools (CISCO Works, CISCO Network Analysis Modules, etc).
- Perform enterprise traffic analysis (e.g., link utilization, flows, latency, and other relevant metrics) to detect/determine network inefficiencies and make recommendations to relieve network congestion/optimize the networks.
- Monitor performance to identify and optimize the system infrastructure and conduct transaction monitoring for bandwidth utilization and application performance.
- Provide advanced technical analyses of network infrastructure challenges and problems; develop/identify technical solutions responsive to customer needs.
- Engineer, install, test, and maintain wiring (copper and fiber) infrastructures
- Support an improved infrastructure information security vulnerability posture through the performance of vulnerability assessments and analyses.
- Support customer computer technical support efforts on personal computers, thin clients, laptops, and peripherals.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance
- Active CCNA certification is required
- Security + CE or CCNA-Security certification is required
- Cisco router and switch networking experience
- OSPF, EIGRP routing protocols. Understanding of BGP routing protocols preferred.
- Type One Encryptors (KG encryption devices).
- IPsec experience
- A current U.S. passport is required. Must be willing to deploy OCONUS (less than 10% of the time)
- Riverbed, ASA Firewalls
- CCNP or CCIE
- Expertise in infrastructure design and architecture, deployment, operations and maintenance, and upgrades.
- Solid working knowledge in the planning, design, integration, optimization, operations, security, and support of enterprise network infrastructures.
- Systems design and architecting for operational and tactical theater network installations and upgrades.
- Experience managing infrastructure of mid-size operational networks (200+ routers/switches, 150+ servers, 1500+ workstations) in a high-paced fluid environment.
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the system engineer level.
- LAN (Ethernet, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, etc) and WAN (ISDN, ATM, SONET, etc) troubleshooting/problem determination skills.
- Working knowledge of: Network analysis tools (CISCO Works, CISCO Network Analysis Modules, etc), CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc) and IP services (IP, Multicast, QOS, SNMP, etc).
- Ability to envision, develop, coordinate, prioritize, lead, and motivate individual and team efforts to produce required and timely customer solutions.
- Solid overall communications skills.
- Passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.