SAIC is searching for a Space Systems Engineer with a satellite engineering background coupled with acquisition expertise. This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI and a Polygraph.
Provides expert support to space capability engineering activities from initial concept development through preliminary design phases. Requires a detailed understanding of government satellite systems acquisitions. The position requires an ability to assist the customer with defining technical spacecraft and ground systems requirements, defining a coherent acquisition strategy, and initiating major contracts with industry partners.
Specific duties include:
- Provide day-to-day support to Government Points of Contact (GPOCs) to assure routine actions are addressed; provide recommendations/products that reflect the best technical and programmatic path.
- Provide expert advice concerning SIGINT architecture development.
- Define end-to-end system capabilities. Develop acquisition strategy and timelines to benefit mission needs and architecture.
- Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events; provide status updates to the customer.
- Attend system level design reviews, and program management reviews to assess design maturity, requirements compliance and to provide informed technical recommendations to the customer.
- Identify and assess emerging risks; develop and evaluate proposed burndown plans.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry space hardware design, manufacturing and test specifications and standards, and apply that knowledge during reviews of developer documentation and processes.
- Verify that developer design approaches are executable within resource and schedule constraints.
- Develop acquisition milestone documentation. Identify cost, schedule and technical risks/opportunities, and provide mitigation strategies.
- Support annual budget planning and execution reviews.
- Provide technical evaluation of accommodation efforts in contractor Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with prime contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other spacecraft subsystem subject matter experts.
- Draft acquisition documentation to include acquisition plan, fee plan/milestone payment plan, statement of work, contract data requirements list, and other documentation required for a competitive source selection.
- Monitor performance requirements and identify disconnects with Request for Proposal (RFP) intent and available budget.
- Support processes to track and report progress on the accomplishment of all contract actions.
- Identify critical program milestones and match them with appropriate contract requirements.
- Develop artifacts and briefings in support of critical oversight reviews to include NRO Acquisition Board (NAB), Acquisition Strategy Councils (ASC), Contract Review Panels (CRP), and Quarterly Program Reviews (QPR).
- Support technical evaluations of contractor proposals.
- Review complex technical design documentation and provide formal and informal feedback to the COTR and other customer personnel.
- Provide actionable recommendations and products for Government decision makers that reflect the best path for the NRO to meet mission needs.
- Liaise with mission analysis and technical requirements teams to ensure completeness across the acquisition.
- Coordinate with other acquisition offices to ensure “end to end” acquisitions that reflect sound systems engineering practices.
- Other duties as specified by the COTR and Program Manager.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI Clearance with a Polygraph
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; or a Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; or a PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- 15 years space system engineering experience including a broad understanding of multiple satellite engineering disciplines.
- 10 years SIGINT mission experience including proven working knowledge of SIGINT space system technologies, architectures, and missions.
- 5 years Government space acquisition experience with the ability to provide expert advice, technical evaluations and alternatives on the technical approaches and execution of space capability acquisitions.
- 3 years working with NRO/SPO spacecraft procurement policies and philosophies.
- Ability to develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in the development of Statement of Works (SOWs) and in the ability to perform technical evaluations on SOW’s and BOE’s.
- Working knowledge of government budget requirements, a sound understanding of contracting regulations, and a familiarity with the NRO’s systems engineering practices.
- Ability to travel domestically.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.