Job ID: 2308989
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 26, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
rive speed into space acquisitions, (2) make our space architecture more resilient, (3) integrate our space architecture with other war fighting domains, (4) drive program management discipline across our acquisitions, and (5) ensure that space and ground acquisitions are time phased to optimize operational availability. Achieving these objectives requires a workforce with broadly diverse and deep skills in system engineering, program management, architecture analysis, program planning and budgeting, and executive level communications and support.
Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
· Provide objective information and analysis supporting decision making on space-relevant Science and Technology (S&T) investments.
· Collect, compile, and organize information to create and maintain a Critical Programs and Technologies List in collaboration with the offices of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (SAF/AQ), and the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (USD(R&E)).
· Assist with engineering review tasks including to include the management of the Independent Test and Risk Assessments (ITRAs) report for space programs, and System Engineering Plans.
· Participate in tailored system engineering reviews contributing to acquisition program milestone decision processes.
· Participate in the Space Systems Command’s weekly Science, Technology, and Innovation Working Group.
· Prepare and deliver executive level briefings, reports, and summary papers; explain complex concepts in relatively simple language; summarize key decisions; and provide recommendations supported by analysis.
· Assist in answering Congressional Reporting Requirements and assist with responding to Congressional Staffer action items regarding oversight of space S&T efforts.
· Provide coordinating support to other SAF/SQ Directorates and Divisions.
Required skills for the most junior positions include but are not limited to:
· Thorough understanding of space systems engineering processes and tools.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and writing) skills. Must have experience in using critical thinking to prepare written reports and presentations for decision makers.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Demonstrated initiative and ability to plan, work and deliver, both independently and as part of a diverse team focused on delivering critical space capabilities.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally interact with staff members and executive leadership via both verbal and written means.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Required experience for the most junior positions include but are not limited to:
· Bachelor's Degree in a scientific, technical, business, economic, or financial field – experience in lieu of in-progress education may be permitted.
· At least seven years of relevant work experience in a similar discipline.
· U.S. citizenship and an active TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.