Job ID: 2308985
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2023
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
rive speed into space acquisitions, (2) make our space architecture more resilient, (3) integrate our space architecture with other war fighting domains, (4) drive program management discipline across our acquisitions, and (5) ensure that space and ground acquisitions are time phased to optimize operational availability. Achieving these objectives requires a workforce with broadly diverse and deep skills in system engineering, acquisition oversight, program management, architecture analysis, program planning and budgeting, and executive level communications and support.
The Acquisition Policy and Programs Analyst supports the SAF/SQ organization by advising and assisting PEOs and Program Managers going through the DAF space and DoD acquisition oversight processes. The Acquisition Policy and Programs Analyst establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and other stakeholders of the organization both internally and externally. The selected candidate should thrive in a work environment with high expectations and be able to manage diverse assignments with attention to details.
· Supporting Space Acquisition Executive (SAE) oversight and decision-making activities, PEO program execution and oversight efforts of space systems.
· Maintaining and analyzing planning, scheduling, and management data.
· Studying, analyzing, and providing recommendations on requirements, space acquisition strategies, program documentation, program phase transition plans, supplemental information, and program execution.
· Providing honest broker assessments of space programs approaching milestone decisions and of prime contractor technical and operational issues.
· Researching and analyzing program trends, identifying issues, and recommending solutions.
· Making recommendations on the allocation of funding, establishment of program goals, objectives, and schedules, and the formulation of program direction.
· Tracking for compliance with stated program direction and identify issues.
· Identifying and researching programmatic issues and tradeoffs in terms of required capabilities, costs, and schedules.
· Reviewing and providing recommendations on existing and proposed Air Force space acquisition and capability area policies and implementation.
· Reviewing and evaluating the impact of national, DOD, JCS, and civil government policies and activities that affect Air Force acquisition programs and capability areas.
· Maintaining historical Air Force space program documentation and developing summary documents/briefings and training material.
· Providing short notice, quick-reaction analyses of critical programmatic issues in the context of Congressional, OSD Staff, Joint Staff, HQ USAF, Major Air Command (MAJCOM), coalition, and international activities.
· Preparing PPBE documentation to ensure they accurately articulate the current program requirements using IDECS database.
· Supporting the HAF review process - Air Force Requirements Oversight Council (AFROCs), Joint Warfighting Capabilities Assessment (JWCAs), Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs), Congressional cycle, Acquisition Strategy Panels (ASPs), Air Force Review Board (AFRBs), Configuration Steering Board (CSB), Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports, etc.
· Performing the Secretariat function for ASPs, AFRBs, and CSBs.
· Reviewing and documenting Mandatory Declassification Review (MDR) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
· Reviewing capability area analysis and comparing current and programmed capabilities/scenarios to determine and clarify Air Force space system acquisition requirements.
· Monitoring on-going studies, analyses, and developmental work relevant to space systems.
· Supporting program-specific efforts like Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development, Capability Development Documents (CDD), Capability Production Documents (CPD), Information Exchange Requirements (IER), and requirements working groups.
· Any other tasks closely associated with the performance of duties listed above and as coordinated with the COR.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
· Must have an active TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
· US Citizenship required
· Experience working on the HQ DAF staff
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan, track, and maintain due dates for multiple tasks and products central to the organization’s business processes.
· Familiarity with task management (i.e., task assignment, tracking, and status reporting) applications such as Task Management Tool (TMT), Enterprise Task Management System-2 (ETMS-2) or Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS).
· Exemplary writing and editing skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environments while maintaining flexibility and versatility.
· Experience working successfully with senior executives at multiple organizational levels.
· Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office and other standard computer applications.
· Experience fostering stable and productive working relationships that communicate expectations and promote cooperation.
· Experience communicating effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
· Ability to work collaboratively with personnel at all levels of the customer organization to deliver results; strong networking, interpersonal, and customer service skills are key.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.