Job ID: 2308968
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Subcategory: Multimedia Design
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a talented Video Editor/Producer to join our multimedia design studio, which provides contemporary and innovative multimedia production solutions to Intelligence Community customers. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced creative environment. This person will feel comfortable wearing different hats across a wide-range of products. Scripted videos, short and long-form documentaries, animated promos, re-enactments, web series, podcasts, and interactive web based training modules are some of the flagship products across our portfolio.
We’re looking for a candidate who can not only help contribute as a producer on day one, but also someone who has hands-on production skills. Having specialized production experience will be highly favored during the interview/consideration process. In addition to your producing background, we’re especially looking for individuals with videography experience, familiarity with Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and awareness of audio recording best practices.
Candidates will be asked to provide a portfolio prior to interview.
Job responsibilities include:
· Coordinating with internal and external customers to gather requirements for upcoming and ongoing projects.
· Producing original content, including pitching, script writing, and storyboarding of abstract ideas concepts.
· Collaborating with production teammates (animators, graphic designers, audio engineers, web developers, and other producers) to incorporate multimedia elements into video products.
· Creating and adhering to customer facing production schedules.
· Coordinating logistics for field and studio productions.
· Producing concurrent multimedia pieces, some with tight deadlines.
· Conducting well-researched interviews with SMEs to help shape stories and authenticate content.
· Scouting locations for productions.
· Locating and licensing appropriate b-roll and music.
· Lighting, shooting, and editing content as part of our video production team.
· Editing of multi-camera footage according to scripts and storyboards.
· Filming interviews, events, and b-roll in single camera or multi-camera configurations.
Must have an active clearance w/polygraph at the time of application
· Bachelor’s Degree or (Advanced certificate in Production, Multimedia Design, or Design related field is highly desired) and (18) years or more of related experience. Masters and (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and (13) years or more experience
· Ability to prioritize and address multiple, concurrent projects, with varying production timelines
· Familiarity with video sets and team member’s roles
· A demonstrated track-record of in-depth working knowledge of industry-standard multimedia production best practices and contemporary technologies
· Familiarity with professional video production procedures, practices, techniques, and terminology
· Experience with EFP, digital post-production, various video formats and transcoding, encoding, and authoring for distribution
· Advanced organization and attention to detail with regards to media management and file structure
· Familiar with audio recording and monitoring equipment
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite’s video tools and familiarity with Photoshop or Illustrator
· Familiarity with conceptualizing and creating 508-compliant content and experiences
· Ability to direct voice-over and ADR sessions
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.