SAIC is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to support the US Navy in San Diego, CA.
Note: This position will be onsite 5 days a week at our Seaside location.
SAIC is seeking a Sr Test Engineer with expertise in the functionality, operation, and configuration of national, theater, and organic sensors and communications systems to provide T&E support of PEO-C4I and PMW 160 systems and associated communications infrastructures to include GCCS-M, Naval Integrated Tactical Environmental System (NITES) – Next Generation, DCGS-N, CANES and ADNS. This includes test planning and scheduling, test procedure development, test execution, troubleshooting, on-site test data collection, analysis, and generation of test reports including performance metrics, testing of new builds, and regression testing.
- Provide technical and engineering expertise, and coordinate with Government Lab operations, engineering, and cybersecurity teams to ensure test event goals and requirements are met in accordance with required test documentation.
- Support installation, configuration, administration, modification, repair, operation, and removal of network C4I systems equipment on various network infrastructures in support of test event execution.
- Support integration of systems under development into pre-existing baselines, test and evaluation of changes to mature systems, and regression tests on fielded baselines.
- Provide efficiencies to enhance PMW 160 AI and E2C test engineering processes.
- Provide quality feedback to the Government that includes recommendations for improvements to the products under test and technical reports identifying risks associated with test conduct.
- Provide expertise in support of test and evaluation of systems, such as GCCS-M, NITES – Next Gen, DCGS-N.
- Assist with on-site support at designated Government testing facilities for planning and project engineering of ISNS, CANES, and PEO C4I customers and other locations as required.
- Support automation of tests (review of automated solutions, scripting, and code creation), automation of baseline validation, and automation to repair deviations to baseline for ISNS, CANES, and Application Integration customers under test to effectively and efficiently deploy automated solutions.
- Assist with event planning, scheduling, resources, and develop test documentation, to include but not limited to EMPs, test plans/procedures/objectives/report.
- Assist with data collection, analysis plans and troubleshooting outages during test events.
- Provide technical and engineering expertise, and will coordinate with Lab operations, engineering, and cybersecurity teams to ensure test event goals and requirements are met in accordance with (IAW) required test documentation.
- Configure, modify, and operate C4I systems to include software installation, network configuration, and system administration.
- Utilize performance test tools and/or automated test tools to support events.
- Provide hardware and software assembly, setup, configuration, integration, troubleshooting, and network connectivity support for events.
- Participate in engineering meetings to include Build Readiness Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Event Readiness Reviews and Configuration Management Boards.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years’ experience; OR Masters and three (3) years’ experience. Preferred degree in computer sciences or similar field. Additional years experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Current CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance required.
- Desired experience with the CANES Hosted Application Connected Systems Integration Manual (HACSIM) and/or ISNS Subsystem Interface List (SSIL) integration manual
- 5-8 years of relevant experience with PEO-C4I and PMW 160 systems is highly desired.
- Certifications such as ITIL I, II, III, Sysadmin are a plus.
- Experience with CANES (Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services) or GCCS (Global Command and Control System) is preferred.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.