SAIC is seeking a GEOINT Systems Engineer to fill a critical position on the LANDMARK AOS program, a large SETA contract supporting the customer’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED in Chantilly, VA.
As the GEOINT Systems Engineer you will interact daily with senior government and Program staff to analyze new concepts and technologies; support the definition and baselining of new capabilities and/or enhancements; advise on all aspects of System Engineering analysis (architecture, requirements, Concept of Operations (CONOPs), interfaces, schedule, and dependency identification); test support, and provide Readiness Event support.
Responsibilities to include
- Providing day-to-day collaboration with development contractors, other Government program office personnel and Government Customers on systems engineering and acquisition functions in the domain area of GEOINT collection, mission management and mission processing.
- Interface directly with development Prime Contractors in the role of oversight, monitoring of software development and integration activities and ensuring alignment with Government requirements and objectives
- Actively performing engineering and analysis to ensure programs successfully develop and deliver core mission processing services in all phases of the acquisition life cycle.
- Retain cognizance of wide variety of GEOINT mission projects including, technical baseline, project schedules, dependencies, risks, and cost
- Advise Senior and Mid-Level managers on architectural decisions to include investment strategies, acquisition portfolio priorities, risk assessment of project execution
- Conduct Strategic planning for both mission architecture needs (technical trade studies, definition of future architecture planning, software service recommendations etc.) and programmatic (Program Budget Guidance, cost estimation, generation of acquisition schedules)
- Accomplish performance assessment and provide estimates of cost, schedule, and risk impacts to existing Ground architecture implementations
- Provide technical and cost assessment of vendor proposals, review technical reports, design artifacts and program plans
- Integrate and coordinate program activities aligned to strategic priorities and performance standards
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Strong technical fundamentals of Intelligence Community (IC) GEOINT systems
- Strong understanding of overhead collection, processing architecture, and systems
- Experience developing or supporting the development of processing capabilities for GEOINT systems
- Experience in acquisition of IC / DoD systems; knowledge of acquisition roles, processes and/or experience in IC / DoD Project or Program Management
- Domain knowledge in Ground Software, Space Development Programs or Mission Operations programs
- Self-starter with ability to execute job based on limited guidance/information
- Ability to distill complex problems into digestible structures/formats
- Flexibility and Time Management - Ability to work efficiently in a dynamic environment with constantly shifting priorities and needs
- Effective Communicator - convey information to multiple audiences across all levels of Customer and Corporate management
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.