Job ID: 2308413
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an immediate opening for a Software Change Coordinator to facilitate user requests for software updates to a Government customer’s Business IT (BIT) applications. The successful candidate will receive software change requests through ServiceNow and coordinate the request enhancements with one of several software development teams. The successful candidate will participate in customer engagements in support of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) process to ensure the correct allocation of requirements to developers, and the fulfillment of those requirements through verification and validation cycles. The successful candidate will be required to actively participate in the coordination of Maintenance Activity (MA) requests to ensure developers, system owners, and customers are fully aware of impending change plans.
The successful candidate must be able to:
· Strategically assess the customer’s vision and goals to seek opportunities to influence and improve service delivery quality
· Work multiple concurrent efforts with shifting priorities
· Demonstrate the ability to interpret complex technical information and provide informed analyses
· Review incoming change requests and assist the Government with determining the best Course(s) of Action (COAs)
· Convert approved COAs into allocated software change tasking for issuance to the appropriate software development team
· Demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills to facilitate clear and concise delivery statuses on multiple, concurrent activities
· Represent the customer’s strategic objectives at various review boards
· Facilitate Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) between customers, mission partners, and various vendors to refine and prioritize requests
· Ensure meeting coordination, scope clarity, policy compliance, and outcome alignment with the Government’s strategic objectives
· Must be a US Citizen
· Within a STEM field of study: Bachelors in a STEM related field and five (5) years or more experience; Masters in a STEM related field and three (3) years or more experience; Significant applicable work experience of more than ten (10) years may be considered in lieu of a degree
· Must possess and maintain a Top Secret clearance with Poly
· Must be able to obtain access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
· ITIL v3, or 4 related certifications are a plus, but not required
· Certified Program Management Professional (PMP) is a plus, but not required
· Scaled Agile Framework for enterprise (SAFe) is a plus, but not required
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.