Job ID: 2308242
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an immediate opening for a highly experienced Power or Electrical Engineer to provide Systems Engineering services to a Government customer. Work will be performed in the Dulles, and Tyson’s areas.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with state-the-industry power and electrical technologies. The candidate will advise staff and contractors on the design, installation, and servicing of power systems (and ancillary systems such as SCADA/building management).
The ideal candidate will understand the mechanics of electrical distribution for the following:
· Electrical substations
· Unit substations
· UPS systems
· Power Distribution Units (PDUs)
· Battery Backup systems
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, or similar field
· 10+ years power or electrical design and hands-on commissioning experience across various sizes of projects (residential to commercial)
· Ability to advise staff on technical merits of solutions, prepare cost estimates, advise in Statement of Work preparations and provide general assistance in acquisition planning
· Ability to instruct and mentor in theory and hands-on design & installation of HVAC systems
· Must possess an active TS/SCI w/Polygraph
· Ability to travel a minimum of 1 week per month CONUS
· Experience in HVAC Standards within and outside the U.S.
· 20+ years of power design and hands-on experience
· Professional Engineer with a focus in power distribution and building systems design
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.