Job ID: 2307748
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
Job Summary :
Oversee all cloud migration and cloud O&M efforts for growing cloud team in support of large Federal agency. Direct and prioritize team efforts. Provide strategic vision recommendations to Government customer cloud lead. Familiarity with both Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure cloud offerings and infrastructure strongly desired.
Position: FT/PT : FT Travel Y/N? : No
Top Qualifications, Skills, Experience or Certifications:
· 15 years minimum experience within information technology architecting and implementing solutions (solutions cover initiatives such as deployment of business applications, deployment of enterprise tools, etc.)
· Demonstrated understanding of principles supporting compute, network, storage, and their application within the cloud (AWS and/or Azure).
· Demonstrated understanding of application architectures (web tier, application tier, database tier) and their implementation in the cloud.
· Deep understanding of cloud engineering methods, applications, and best practices for sustaining an enterprise cloud environment.
· Demonstrated understanding of security best practices and their application as they relate to cloud-based environments and workloads (access management, monitoring, configuration management, etc.)
· Understanding of DevSecOps pipelines and toolsets and how they can work to create an enterprise shared service.
· Deep understanding of enterprise architecture principles and practices with the ability to identify, rationalize, and solution opportunities for improvement.
· Ability to prioritize, balance, and direct team member activities between ad-hoc tasking and planned initiatives.
· Experience in developing, planning, and implementing strategic initiatives within a roadmap.
Job Role Specific Requirements:
· Provide technical, managerial, and administrative direction to a team of 14 cloud engineers for planning and completing operational tasks as well as tasks aligned to strategic initiatives across the enterprise.
· Lead a team of cloud engineers in the strategy, design, implementation, and maintenance of DOT’s cloud infrastructure.
· Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and define the scope of cloud projects.
· Develop and implement cloud solutions that meet the needs of the DOT mission.
· Monitor and troubleshoot cloud infrastructure to ensure uptime and performance.
· Stay up-to-date on the latest cloud computing technologies and trends.
· Mentor and develop cloud engineers to ensure the team is well-equipped to meet DOT’s needs.
· Communicating status with agency senior leadership.
· Collaborate with other infrastructure teams to realize operational efficiencies within the agency cloud offering. This includes working with vendors to identify potential approaches and rationalizing solution best fit for agency environment.
· Work with business customers to understand and align technical needs to agency cloud capabilities and facilitate technical exchanges to achieve a final solution architecture.
15 years of IT experience, including at least 5 years of experience as in Enterprise
Architecture and its components. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree. Degree may be substituted with
6 additional years of related experience.
· ITIL v3/v4 certification.
· Demonstrated experience leading a team.
· Familiarity with agile planning methodologies
Note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and
the ability to obtain a public trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.