SAIC is searching for a Senior Capture Manager with proven success capturing new business for Navy and Marine Corps opportunities to support the SAIC Naval Business Unit (NBU). This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Capture Management for the NBU within the Defense & Civilian Sector at SAIC and will be based in San Diego, CA (Hybrid/Remote). The Capture Manager will develop and execute the overall capture plan and strategy for a qualified opportunity to maximize win probability with Federal Government, Civilian Agency, State and Local Customers.
The Senior Capture Manager is responsible for directing and managing two (2) to four (4) pursuits simultaneously, accepting ownership and accountability for the proposed solution maturation through the Corporate Business Development and Capture Management Processes to include teaming and price to win strategies for compliant, compelling and winning proposals.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking, win-strategy development, problem solving, business acumen, and interpersonal skills to develop teams and construct near-term and long-range strategies for business development in designated pipelines.
- Demonstrate competent and confident leadership with an ability to effectively develop and execute well-designed and thoroughly integrated capture plans following established internal gates, best practices and use of standard tools and processes, with emphasis on win strategies, themes, value propositions, teaming, etc.
- Drive corporate teaming and direct technical and cost proposal volumes through final submission with specific focus on growth and capture initiatives within the organization.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive and often multi-tasking environment.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Effective management and leadership of multiple capture teams specific to each opportunity assigned
- Ensure optimal management structure, delivering high quality bid personnel in line with strategy; identify and staff key personnel with positive ties to customer
- Effective collaboration with subject and technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers with an ability to translate technical information into proposal submissions
- Gather, assess, and validate customer requirements leveraging knowledge of FAR, to create a targeted, differentiated win strategy
- Gather pursuit/program intelligence to assess competition, evaluating strengths and threats to differentiate SAIC against competitors
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy; test and validate solutions with customers, advance value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Develop and execute customer engagement plan to reinforce win strategy and shape deal toward SAIC’s strengths
- Conduct and participate with internal gate requirements, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; lead and document lessons learned
- Manage opportunity validation and maturation to assist SAIC in determining Pursue/ No pursue and Bid / No Bid decisions
- Ability to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment
- Communicate clearly with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree plus eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated, sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards for government with values routinely reaching over up to $50M single-award deals which meet and exceed challenging goals and quotas
- Experience utilizing Navy MAC, IDIQ’s and other contract vehicles
- Experience in business development capture activities and leading captures for large programs
- Demonstrable understanding of federal procurement acquisition process, contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected
- Experienced and confident working with senior and executive management within the company and with key federal customers
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.