Database Programmer job duties:
- Support technical infrastructure in a data center and on the cloud to develop an implementation plan following one of those two options. Tradeoffs between cloud and on premises approaches will be evaluated together with project management staff to determine the appropriate course of deployment.
- Assist in the installation, setup, and configuration of the latest version of the LabWare LIMS system, including the deployment of hardware and software components in a virtualized environment involving either virtual machines configured in data center or components deployed onto the contracted Amazon AWS cloud.
- Configuration details for the new LIMS deployment, including transfer of code lists, lookup components, and other elements required for the specific workflows.
- Transfer and transition of existing sample records and analytical results into the new LIMS, using methods and techniques supported by the LabWare system for data import. This will include transformation of legacy records from the separate sample submittal system, based on Oracle technologies, and thorough testing to ensure full record set integrity in the new system.
- Developing and deploying full audit log and chain of custody tracking in the new system to comply with Standard Operating Procedures as part of the Quality Management System for the Lab.
- Development of a long-term lifecycle plan for the ongoing operations and maintenance of the new LIMS in its chosen environment, including the necessary checkpoints required for routine upgrades and regular performance monitoring and adjustment.
- Demonstrate understanding of and conformance to all federal requirements, deployment guidelines, effective distributed science data management techniques, and ADA Section 508 requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of related IT experience
- 5+ years experience working as a DBA/Programmer
- Knowledge and ability to develop “infrastructure-as-code” solutions in a cloud environment
- Knowledge of related technologies and general and specific IT concepts including how security roles are declared and managed, how networking is configured, how access and execution of components are controlled, software updates, backups, and recovery
- Knowledge of Oracle Databases, Application Express (APEX), SQL Server, and Oracle at Rest Data Services (ORDS)
- Database development and associated web application development using relational database technologies (e.g., Microsoft MySQL Server) and open-source web applications and web servers (e.g., Apache Tomcat) frameworks
- Effective code documentation, including infrastructure codes
- Proven ability to develop, continuously monitor, assess, test, and improve solutions
- Technical skills in infrastructure engineering, application migration, and database administration to set up new infrastructure with all supporting software components and comprehensively transform data from the existing legacy systems into the new LIMS
- 2 years LabWare experience
- Certification in AWS Development
- Knowledge of Labware LIMS and LabWare migration experience
- Knowledge of a code management mechanism (Git)
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.