SAIC is seeking a Chief of Warfighter Operations that will plan and execute modeling and simulation systems development projects. Apply knowledge about simulation methods for analysis of complex human-machine systems and training. Design and develop simulation systems and modeling of simulation objects. This position is primarily remote with some travel required.
- Perform analysis applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of systems
- Perform analysis and trade-off studies related to operational issues, and reviewing test plans to ensure MOEs address operational requirements using modeling and simulation tools and techniques; reviewing plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assisting in the development of training for operational personnel.
- Generate analytical modeling solutions to assess enterprise performance, identify technology gaps, creating technology roadmaps, developing requirements and specifying the operational benefits of current and future concepts based on customer approved scenarios
- Conduct mission engineering and analysis studies to evaluate the efficacy of legacy architectures and new technologies in new mission concepts of employment to meet evolving joint mission objectives
- Support requirements development, system verification, and concept of operations (CONOPS) development as well as working with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements
- Identify opportunities for the integration of new and existing models from developers and industry partners into new or existing simulation environments
- Plan Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) model development in support of systems engineering objectives and program milestones
- Lead an analysis team that integrates modeling and simulation to MBSE, plans and executes a study plan, and effectively communicates priorities to team members
- Provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models
- Work side-by-side with existing subject matter experts in modeling and simulation to develop an integrated approach modeling the system(s) prior to warfighter operational acceptance
- Develop modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies
- Develop multi-domain operations scenarios in the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration and Modeling (AFSIM) or other related tools
- Develop and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers
- Bachelors Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or other relevant technical field and Eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD and fifteen (15) years or more experience.
- Experience with modeling, simulation, and mission analysis techniques and tools
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment
- Experience working in a virtual computing environment
- Prior experience working JADC2 initiatives, or other System of Systems highly networked programs
- Prior experience working on USAF rapid capability programs
- Proficiency with one or more M&S tools to include: AFSIM, SEAS, ExtendSIM, JCATS, PlanX, STORM, iGrafix, Dagger, AWARS, STK, OneSAF, GIANT, IMOM, JCSS
Experience with M&S federation tools such as Joint Simulation Protocol Analyzer (JSPA), DIS-Filter, JLVC Analysis Workstation (JAWS), and Perspective
- Familiarity with VMWare and the creation and use of virtual machines
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.