SAIC is hiring a Software Systems Engineer who will serve as a software Assurance (SwA) SME providing support to the Joint Federated Assurance Center (JFAC) for the Systems Security Directorate in Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (USD(R&E)). The candidate will support a forward leaning DoD-enterprise organization driving transformational change towards holistic assurance for all domains, systems, acquisition pathways, and life cycle processes. JFAC touches on policy, guidance, best practices, assessments, processes, tools, capabilities, implementation solutions, and bridge-building across a federation of DoD organizations in service to all DoD program offices and system developers delivering warfighting capabilities.
This position is hybrid remote. The candidate will be required to work on-site in Alexandria, VA a few days per week. The candidate will be required to travel 4-6 times per year to support technical exchange meetings and OUSD(R&E) outreach.
- Perform tasks as a software assurance Subject Matter Expert (SME), including identification and evaluation of systems security engineering and assurance technologies, best practices, and implementation measures
- Coordinate internal responses to Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS) taskers to review and provide feedback on DoD policies, guidance, instructions, and other relevant taskers
- Track progress of JFAC sponsored assurance pilots, provide credible feedback to government leadership regarding JFAC project execution and collaborate with the JFAC-Coordination Support Center
- Develop a JFAC Assurance Science and Technology (S&T) Roadmap to include discovery and identification of enterprise assurance gaps/needs, S&T investments across the DoD, and awareness of commercially available assurance solutions
- Identify key stakeholders within the DoD and across the federal government for assurance related equities and engage with the respective support staff to maximize effectiveness of outreach, collaboration and partnership of government leadership
- Advance DoD’s trust and assurance state of practice through identifying DoD-leading approaches to addressing the largest known challenges in the assurance and cybersecurity landscape, including the assurance of emerging and critical technology such as 5G/6G/Next Gen, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, etc
- Promulgate SwA best practice and the JFAC through active participation in appropriate technical working groups, Community of Practice (CoP) groups, seminars, meetings and conferences
- Prepare executive level decision briefs, develop courses of action for short- and long-range implementation and administration of strategic objectives
- Perform duties in support of fulfilling the JFAC’s organizational vision, mission, charter, and concept of operations (CONOPS)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience.
Degree in a science, technology, engineering or related technical field
Minimum five (5) years' experience in performing software related activities throughout the end-to-end system life cycle of DoD systems or similarly-relevant customers
Experience with software engineering within diverse modern software development methodologies (DevSecOps, Agile, CI/CD pipeline)
Knowledge of cyber security-related engineering activities including attack modeling and vulnerability scoring
Knowledge of secure coding standards, software and cybersecurity best practices
Knowledge in areas of identifying, prioritizing, and mitigating software weaknesses and vulnerabilities by employing appropriate automated analysis tools during the various DoD acquisition the entire lifecycle of the system, including development, testing, operations, sustainment, and retirement
Knowledge of theories, precepts, and principles of software engineering and related sciences to plan, organize, and execute assigned DoD weapon systems programs involving the computer and related hardware and software of real-time and embedded systems.
Awareness of pathways for system development and deployment
Ability to develop, prepare, coordinate, staff, and implement policies, procedures, programs, and directives
Experience in preparing, coordinating, and presenting briefings
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Experience in creation, deployment, and maintenance of cloud infrastructure, automated CI/CD pipeline, and container orchestration platforms
Knowledge of DoD Program Protection and Critical Technology Protection planning, design, and execution
Knowledge of DoD service component missions and relationships with the Military Departments, Defense Agencies and other Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) components
Demonstrated leader in DoD acquisition pathways across system types and current transformation initiatives such as software modernization, modeling & simulation, digital engineering, data strategy implementation, and AI adoption
Demonstrated knowledge of the DoD organizational structure and budgeting process, OSD inter-office coordination, and communication protocols
Awareness of the mission context in which systems are designed and fielded
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.