Job ID: 2307445
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: May 25, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC seeks a highly experienced and energetic IT Systems Engineering Sr. Principal to support the US Space Force, Space Systems Command, in performing operational maintenance and sustainment of ground-based radars critical to US and Allied strategic missile surveillance, warning, defense, and space surveillance missions. In support of the government customer, the SAIC Program Manager, and the Chief Engineer; the IT Systems Engineering Sr. Principal is responsible for design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components. Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching, and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis.
Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
· Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
· Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
· Performs troubleshooting, functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation of hardware and software specification
· Engage across multiple support teams and other engineers to meet system needs and specifications
· Provide expertise in defining and implementing best practices to meet or exceed mission needs for 24/7 operations
· Support initiatives resulting in highly available, resilient, and redundant systems
· Bachelors and fourteen plus (14+) years’ experience; Masters and twelve plus (12+) years’ experience; PhD or JD and nine plus (9+) years’ experience.
· Troubleshoot and analysis of problems with major systems such as: VMware, storage systems, Windows and *ix systems
· Designing, Developing, and modernizing highly complex information systems
· Must hold secret security clearance
· Managing geographically dispersed large-scale 24/7 operational systems
· Experience sustaining UEWR, or other Strategic Warning and Surveillance radar systems such as the Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS).
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.