Job ID: 2307448
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC seeks a highly experienced and energetic Network Engineer to support the US Space Force, Space Systems Command, in performing operational maintenance and sustainment of ground-based radars critical to US and Allied strategic missile surveillance, warning, defense, and space surveillance missions. In support of the government customer, the SAIC Program Manager, and the Chief Engineer, the Network Engineer is responsible for responsive and coherent planning, development and delivery of PARCS and UEWR radar network maintenance and modifications in response to change requests and deficiency reports. This position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
· Analyzes customer requirements and solves unusually complex problems with highly innovative solutions
· Provides expert knowledge for maintenance and upgrade of networks including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and telecom equipment
· Provides expert knowledge for maintaining network integrity and connectivity while ensuring compliance with policies and maintains system backup and recovery capability
· Analyzes, evaluates and plans method of approach and organizes means to achieve solution of complex technical problems
· Develops advanced engineering ideas and guides their development into a final product
· Develops advanced solutions to a variety of highly complex engineering problems
· Perform highly advanced network/systems design, development, and integration from the start of a project life cycle to the end
· Provides and applies advanced engineering to highly complex infrastructures including installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining network devices, telecom equipment, radio equipment, operating systems, application software, and system management tools
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.