Job ID: 2307448
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: May 25, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC seeks a highly experienced and energetic Network Engineer to support the US Space Force, Space Systems Command, in performing operational maintenance and sustainment of ground-based radars critical to US and Allied strategic missile surveillance, warning, defense, and space surveillance missions. In support of the government customer, the SAIC Program Manager, and the Chief Engineer, the Network Engineer is responsible for responsive and coherent planning, development and delivery of PARCS and UEWR radar network maintenance and modifications in response to change requests and deficiency reports.
· Analyzes customer requirements and solves unusually complex problems with highly innovative solutions
· Provides expert knowledge for maintenance and upgrade of networks including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and telecom equipment
· Provides expert knowledge for maintaining network integrity and connectivity while ensuring compliance with policies and maintains system backup and recovery capability
· Analyzes, evaluates and plans method of approach and organizes means to achieve solution of complex technical problems
· Develops advanced engineering ideas and guides their development into a final product
· Develops advanced solutions to a variety of highly complex engineering problems
· Perform highly advanced network/systems design, development, and integration from the start of a project life cycle to the end
· Provides and applies advanced engineering to highly complex infrastructures including installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining network devices, telecom equipment, radio equipment, operating systems, application software, and system management tools
· 5-years’ experience
· Developing and/or sustaining national security, no-fail mission systems.
· Experience with waterfall-to-agile transformations, designed to deliver Minimum Viable Products in a consistent cadence.
· Experience with a broad range of system types: custom developed HW/SW, COTS/GOTS HW/SW, and specialty engineering of exotic material/limited supply items.
· Experience in cloud-hosted development, integration, and test capability.
· Experience implementing cybersecurity solutions in existing, DoD systems
· Experience with implementing and sustaining distributed systems, virtual operating system environments, and virtual/augmented reality technologies
· Experience translating operational requirements into system requirements; and system requirements into technical requirements/performance standards
· Experience sustaining PARCS, or other Strategic Warning and Surveillance radar systems such as PAVE PAWS and UEWR.
· Knowledge of the Integrated Tactical Warning and Attack Assessment mission and associated enterprise.
· Experience maintaining national security mission networks
· Managing large-scale Agile or SecDevOps teams/projects, to include support to cost estimating, baseline and risk management, schedule development, performance monitoring and reporting
· Security + certifications
· Networking certifications
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.