SAIC is looking for a Principal Application Architect responsible for supporting one or more solution delivery areas and/or core capabilities within a large government organization.
The Architect will collaborate across multiple teams and branches to align strategies and to create roadmaps, architectural documents, process documents, and governance documents that define the strategy. As needed, the Architect will review projects to adjust and align them with architectural governance policies. The Application Architect may also contribute to hands-on development, peer reviews, and support development strategies. They may also research, analyze, and document various tools, technology, framework, and other architectural related topics, as needed.
- Lead strategic planning activities and business case development within government agency and across internal organizations.
Work with architects, technical leads, project managers, and stakeholders to develop and review roadmaps in support of solution delivery domain and core capabilities.
- Previous experience as a full-stack developer is desired. Capable of hands-on contributions that range from client development of markup and styling to Operating System (OS) level services, and server-side containers and database technologies.
- Lend support in the design and development of .NET applications including OS level services, ASP.NET web services, and server-side hosted services.
- Provides technical oversight for technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work, and industry standard estimating techniques.
- Support one or more solution delivery areas, engaging in team organization and project meetings, including Agile SCRUM and SAFe practices such as team’s daily stand-ups and Program Increment Planning, as well as customer demonstrations and discussions.
- Help present roadmap and project requirements to stakeholders, technical lead, and project management. Also provide support in the program increment planning of objectives and epics; and in the creation of stories and tasks for backlog grooming and sprint planning, ensuring the projects are aligned in roadmap objectives.
- Architects complete solutions using appropriate government agency offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
- Refine and optimize architectures at varying stages. Review architecture work produced by junior architects.
- Provide solution delivery teams project oversight and act as a subject matter expert, acting as proxy for government stakeholder to ensure accuracy and quality of delivered processes, products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements, and implementation timelines.
- Interfaces to all levels of the client's organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices, and technical requirements.
- Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve design issues, improve design quality and share high quality information, as well as to define enterprise level design standards, best practices, and processes.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and 14+ years of experience or a Masters and 12+ years of experience in a relevant IT implementation environment.
- Must have at least 5+ years in an Architect role.
- Background in full-stack development; Ability to lend support in the design and development of .NET applications including OS level services, ASP.NET web services, and server-side hosted services as needed.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
- Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience developing all forms of architecture artifacts, including diagrams.
- Experience developing design documents and interface control documents.
- Experience as a full-stack developer, preferably a technical lead managing multiple developers and Quality Assurance (QA) staff.
- Experience of technology solutions and able to present solution and portfolio-level strategy to clients at all levels.
- Proficient understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
- Experience deploying emerging technology (e.g. AI/ML, facial recognition).
- Experience working with Windows and Linux service development.
- Experience with TCP and RESTful HTTP Programming.
- Experience with Agile and SAFe development.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence experience.
- Experience with Git command line, Git Tools, including GitLab.
- Experience with Multi-threaded applications and exception handling.
- Experience supporting docker desktop containers and services such as Kubernetes or Konvoy.
- Database support for PostgreSQL, possibly SQLServer with Entity Framework code-first or database-first.
- Able to support the development and review of software design documentation, which may include design diagrams, data flow diagrams, software module descriptions, etc.
- Familiar with build pipelines, including Jenkins with SonarQube.
- Preferred experience with hardware and software integration, including developing software to integrate with hardware components such as a GPIO and Arduino boards.
- Provide Tier 3/4 engineering support, as needed, for solutions deployed to production.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.