Job ID: 2307322
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAF/SQAR (S&T Engineering Division): Serves as the technical advisor to the Space SAE for pre-acquisition investment decisions, and acquisition program technical and engineering integration program risk, for DAF space systems and programs. Provides systems engineering oversight and support for program development, documentation, and reviews prior to and throughout the acquisition lifecycle of DAF space systems and programs. Executes authorities relating to the engineering of DAF space systems and programs, as delegated to the SecAF.
· Assist with system engineering technical reviews and audits of program progress for systems as a basis for transitioning between acquisition phases within the development plan of work, as well as policy.
· Support program milestone, decision, and transition points, as well as executive meetings, such as boards, panels, councils, committees, etc. regarding adequacy of program technical risk/issue closure and opportunities.
· Provide independent assessment of programs’ technical risks in support of Independent Technical Risk Assessments (ITRA) to provide a basis for technical risks, critical technologies, manufacturing requirements, and inform RFPs.
· Assist Systems Security Engineering activities to include the identification and protection of critical program information and functions, elimination or mitigation of cyber vulnerabilities, and technology and program protection planning. Provide technical review of Program Protection Plans and Cybersecurity Strategies.
· Responsible for implementation and analytics of program and system technical data originating from AF Data Labs, Defense Acquisition Visibility Environment (DAVE; such as AIR, EVM-CR, etc), Enterprise Task Management Solution System (ETMS2), Knowledge Management and Decisions Support (KM/DS), Livelink, Program and Budget Enterprise System (PBES), Project Management Resource Tools (PMRT; such as APM, DAPR, DAMIR, PMRT, etc), and related systems engineering and acquisition databases and tools.
· Provide input to policy related to systems engineering integration across both space program and system lifecycles (development and sustainment) to ensure operational safety, suitability, and supportability. Conduct review and maintenance of Lifecycle Sustainment and Systems Engineering Plans.
· Provide space-focused input for the following areas: space-specific engineering policy for space systems, subsystems, and end-items; scientific and engineering integrity; corrosion control and prevention; standardization; digital engineering; space system safety; environment, safety, and occupational health high risk acceptance; and support to the Cyber Resiliency of Weapons Systems (CROWS) Office; Manufacturing Technology; Manufacturing and Quality policy.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
10 years Space Experience
Bachelor's Degree or higher
Experience with Space capabilities (e.g Operation, Requirements, Acquisition PPB & E)
TS clearance with SCI and Polygraph eligibility
Must be US Citizen
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.