Job ID: 2307240
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Jun 8, 2023
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Make a difference for national security by leading a team of dedicated professionals in supporting the next-generation Rapid Resilient Command and Control (R2C2) program in developing, integrating and deploying satellite command and control capabilities in support of critical National Defense space systems.
SAIC has an immediate need for a Chief Engineer with software (SW) & hardware (HW) development and integration experience for space systems. We are looking for innovative and motivated individuals to lead the systems engineering and development of the R2C2 ground services, integration, testing, and operational support of multiple DoD spacecraft missions. Candidates must have experience with planning and executing developmental programs with demonstrated ability to manage programs to meet customer milestones.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Build and lead a team to design, develop, deliver, operate and sustain software and hardware to meet phased customer delivery schedules.
· Lead the planning, development, delivery and integration of R2C2 ground satellite command & control services across all technical disciplines—hardware, software, test/integration, sustainment.
· Lead integration efforts between common and flight segment ground segment to include interface definition, cross segment integration planning, and software integration activities.
· Develop and implement a Development, Security, Operations (DevSecOps) environment capable of providing a secure pipeline for application developers.
· Support Program Manager with focus on technical excellence to create program plans, schedules and agile roadmap describing the value-driven delivery schedule/development cadence that delivers new or enhanced capability.
· Lead the team through formal reviews with the customer and stakeholders to ensure system requirements and designs are mature and that program planning and execution are on track.
· Ensure high quality and timely production and delivery of all required technical plans, documents, and contract deliverables.
· Lead team in the delivery of required hardware and software solutions meeting mission and user requirements on time and within budget.
Provide technical leadership in collaboration with prime contractors, team contractors, Space RCO and customer mission partners
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Science or Engineering and 18 years, or master’s degree with 16 years’ experience in a combination software development, cloud computing and systems engineering.
· Active Top Secret/SCI clearance and willing to consent to a polygraph examination
· Strong leadership, team building and written/verbal communication skills
· Experience working in an Agile team/framework
· Experience with DevSecOps for software development, integration and testing
· Experience in defining, developing, implementing Software Assurance solutions for Space Force, or Department of Defense systems and networks.
· Experience working across developer and customer mission partner space and ground segment organizations to coordinate and identify system requirements that ensure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met.
· Active SAP clearance
· INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.