SAIC seeks a highly experienced and energetic Systems Engineer to support the US Space Force, Space Systems Command, in performing operational maintenance and sustainment of ground-based radars critical to US and Allied strategic missile surveillance, warning, defense, and space surveillance missions. In support of the government customer, the SAIC Program Manager, and the Chief Engineer, the Systems Engineer is responsible for responsive and coherent planning, development, and delivery of PARCS and UEWR radar hardware and software modifications in response to change requests and deficiency reports. Job Duties
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including:
- Requirements definition
- Analysis and engineering
- System analysis and design
- Interface and data architectures
- Systems integration
- System operational performance analysis
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Min. 9-years’ experience with a BS/BA related field of study or five years of experience with a master’s degree
- Developing and/or sustaining national security, no-fail mission systems.
- Managing large-scale Agile or SecDevOps teams/projects, to include support to cost estimating, baseline and risk management, schedule development, performance monitoring and reporting
- Experience leading waterfall-to-agile transformations, designed to deliver Minimum Viable Products in a consistent cadence.
- Experience with a broad range of system types: custom developed HW/SW, COTS/GOTS HW/SW, and specialty engineering of exotic material/limited supply items.
- Experience in cloud-hosted development, integration, and test capability.
- Experience with configuration and data management, hardware, nd software test & evaluation of classified systems
- Experience implementing cybersecurity solutions in existing, DoD systems
- Experience with implementing and sustaining distributed systems, virtual operating system environments, and virtual/augmented reality technologies.
- Experience translating operational requirements into system requirements; and system requirements into technical requirements/performance standards.
- Must have a Secret clearance
- Experience managing large-scale Agile or SecDevOps teams/projects, to include support to cost estimating, baseline and risk management, schedule development, performance monitoring and reporting
- Experience sustaining PARCS, or other Strategic Warning and Surveillance radar systems such as PAVE PAWS and UEWR.
- Experience in systems engineering, Model-based Systems Engineering and related areas, to include managing teams/projects delivering solutions for missile warning or other national security space mission systems
- Knowledge of the Integrated Tactical Warning and Attack Assessment mission and associated enterprise.
- Experience maintaining national security mission networks
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.