Job ID: 2307190
Location: JBSA RANDOLPH, TX, United States
Date Posted: May 19, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Learning Management System Team Chief to work on an exciting Air Force program at Randolph Air Base in San Antonio, TX.
This is a "hybrid-remote" position; however, candidates must be local to San Antonio for weekly onsite meetings.
The purpose of a System Team is to provide the specialized skills to support the environment and toolchain needed across the portfolio to perform its work. The System Team Chief will lead this specialized Agile team as it assists in building and supporting the Agile Release Teams (ARTs) and the development environment, including developing and maintaining the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They may also support the integration of assets, end-to-end solution testing, DevOps mindset and practices, deployment, and release on demand.
- The creation and maintenance of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline toolchain. This toolchain encompasses continuous integration, automating builds (including verification testing), deployment, and release.
Creating platforms and environments for development, user acceptance testing, solution demonstration, deployment, and production.
- Facilitating the technical elements of collaborating with third parties like hosting and data service providers.
- Ensuring the ART has an intentional architecture for the infrastructure and that teams use standard tools and DevOps practices.
This position may also perform the following duties: Direct high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems and servers. Create environments for development, solution demos, and user acceptance testing in the cloud. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures system/application data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: Directs through lower management levels. Responsible for planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
SCOPE: Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through lower management levels. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may have company-wide effect.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Establishes policies appropriate for the function. Develops budgets, schedules and performance standards.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Objectives are defined in collaboration with senior management and results assessed from a relatively long-term perspective.
IMPACT: Decisions have a serious impact on the overall success or failure on area of accountability. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause critical delays or modifications to company projects or operations causing substantial expenditure of time, workforce, and funds.
LIAISON: Interacts with senior management concerning matters of significance to the company. Conducts business and technical briefings for senior management and for external representatives.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Business, Engineering, or Technology - Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience, or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in managing enterprise product teams across the acquisition life cycle, including cost, schedule, quality performance oversight, and value delivery
- Experience with designing, developing, implementing, or integrating open source and COTS and GOTS solutions into large mission systems, including in on-premises and private cloud environments
- Experience as a primary interface with executive-level clients, managing executive-level communications, reporting, and development of programmatic strategies and plans
- Knowledge of planning, organizing, and making recommendations on program milestones, resourcing, and critical decision points
- Ability to perform risk assessments to identify, define, and analyze program or project issues in terms of probability and consequences
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in managing IT service delivery through a managed services model, including establishing and managing delivery against Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Experience with leading the insertion of innovative technologies and initiatives in large organizations
- Integration Engineer
- AWS technical cloud Certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.