Job ID: 2307206
Location: NORFOLK, VA, United States
Date Posted: May 20, 2023
Subcategory: Training Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
· ATTN FERS RETIREES: Earnings received as an ATC Instructor, ATC Training Instructional Supervisor, or Contractor Site Supervisor working on this program are EXEMPT from the Supplemental Annuity earnings limits for FERS retirees between the ages of 56 and 62.
We are looking for an experienced, Full-time, Air Traffic Control Instructor to join the SAIC Controller Training Solutions (CTS) team at the Norfolk ATCT/TRACON (ORF) in Norfolk, VA, supporting air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures. This position may provide mentoring for students and Remote Pilot Operators (RPO), and may participate in curriculum design and development. The selected candidate must demonstrate the knowledge and skills applicable for obtaining radar and/or non-radar simulation laboratory certifications at FAA air traffic control facilities within the U.S. National Airspace System.
The CTS Instructor is a hands-on position that requires the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality classroom and/or simulation laboratory training to a wide variety of students including developmental air traffic controllers and Certified Professional Controllers (CPC).
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility. The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day.
To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities.
US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
The CTS Instructor candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years of FAA CPC experience controlling live traffic, or recent experience as a contract Instructor at an FAA facility. Experience must have been at the same type and same [or greater] level of ATC facility as the Norfolk ATCT/TRACON (ORF).
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Direct experience as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC) at the Norfolk ATCT/TRACON (ORF) is preferred but not required.
· Operational Experience with ATC simulators including scenario design for simulation platforms (e.g. TSS, AT Coach, SGET, etc.).
· Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAA’s overall Air Traffic Control mission is highly desired.
· Experience demonstrating excellent teaching and/or platform skills, classroom management techniques, and a student-focused drive for continuous improvement.
· High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
· FAA Certified Professional Controller (CPC) certification required with the ability to obtain and maintain Instructor-II Simulation Laboratory and Classroom Certification.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.