SAIC is looking for an amazingly talented FMS Radar Systems Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will get to interface with Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Prime Contractor. This position is in Huntsville, AL.
- Provide engineering support for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) X-Band Ground Sensors Directorate Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) Radar Project Office (SNXF).
- Represent the program office in multiple Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) related to radar system testing, acceptance, deployment, weapon site facility design and construction, weapon site activation, and sustainment engineering activities.
- Provide support to Failure Review Board (FRB) and Corrective Action activity.
- Provide support to obsolescence management activity.
- Produce, review and manage engineering documents. Prepare technical and position papers, engineering briefs, schedules and risk management documents.
- Develop program plans, plan of action and milestone (POA&M) recommendations and prepare executive level briefing packages and formal documentation. Prepare alternative courses of action analyses and executive level results presentations.
- Interface with internal and external project stakeholders; FMS Weapon System Program Office, FMS Case Management Division, USACE, Foreign Liaison Officer, and industry partners. Coordinate and manage project activities across other government agencies (OGAs).
- Required to assist with the identification and resolution of complex technical issues, as well as provide potential solutions to senior members of the Project Offices, MDA, Combatant Command, and Partner Nation as it pertains to the radar production, system integration and check-out (SICO), deployment, emplacement, and tactical site operations.
- Apply disciplined systems engineering practices, identify and resolve complex problems associated with technical performance requirements, systems integration, and performance.
- Travel (25%) to prime contractor facility, test ranges, and foreign weapon site locations
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- 14 years working on missile defense-related or other complex, large DoD program/project
- MS in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math
- Knowledge and application of phased array radar theory, function, and design
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales
- Works independently, applying engineering rigor to analyze and resolve problems within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with Program Management
- Experience implementing systems engineering "V" processes
- Ability to self-manage and initiate within team structure
- Ability to decompose complex problems to actionable elements
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Ability presenting complex information and concepts to Leaders at various levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office® applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of MDA Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of MDA organizational structure
- Working knowledge of Missile Defense System (MDS) architecture and concepts
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Secret Clearance or higher.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.