Job ID: 2307143
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: May 18, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Knowl/Collab Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an amazingly talented Radar Mechanical Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to showcase strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, while interfacing verbally and in writing with Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Prime Contractor. This position is in Huntsville, AL.
• Perform technical assessment and programmatic support for the MDA Ground Sensors Directorate Long Range Discrimination Radar Product Office in support of the Hardware Integrated Product Team (HW IPT)
• Review system/subsystem design, planning, and test documentation and provide written and verbal feedback to the Government and collaborate with varying prime contractors to resolve discrepancies
• Review prime contractor documents and processes of to ensure contractual requirements are being met
• Perform Bidirectional requirement flow from element specification (ES), prime item development specification (PIDS), & hardware requirement specification (HRS)
• Perform verification and validation of requirements
• Track hardware manufacturing metrics and hardware failures to identify trends
• Plan and conduct audits of commercial and specialized military systems
• Review contract deliverable submissions and recommend acceptance or rejection
• Travel (25%) to Prime Contractor Facility & fielded site location to support hardware manufacturing, site integration, and test
• 7+ years working on missile defense-related or other complex, large DoD program/project
• BS in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math
• Knowledge, design, and application of military mechanical systems, power, and cooling hardware
• Works independently, applying engineering rigor to analyze and resolve problems within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience in the design, development, and fielding of ruggedized military systems focusing on mechanical, electrical packaging and cooling of systems/assemblies/subassemblies for use in harsh environments
• Ability to identify, analyze, and document system, design, interface, assessment, and validation/verification requirements to include risk assessments
• Experience in providing on site engineering SME support for mechanical and thermal systems, to include trouble shooting during initial integration and testing
• Experience with developing or executing test procedures, executing functional system/subsystem testing, witnessing test activities, and preparing test reports
• Experience in evaluating military mechanical designs, integration plans, test plans and test data
• Experience with radar systems or military systems
• Experience implementing systems engineering "V" processes
• Ability to decompose complex problems to actionable elements
• Ability presenting complex information and concepts to Leaders at various levels
• Experience with Creo/Pro E software to review engineering designs
• Working knowledge of MDA Systems Engineering processes and procedures
• Working knowledge of Missile Defense System (MDS) architecture and concepts
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Secret Clearance or higher.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.