SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the US Navy in San Diego, CA.
Note: This is a hybrid remote position with approximately two days a week onsite at our Old Town (San Diego) location.
The Sr Systems Engineer will support the Workstation Baseline Software Configuration efforts for our NIWC PAC customer for the OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net). This position is responsible for processing new Operating System (OS), application, hardware requirements to ensure they meet the security and engineering requirements for release to ONE-Net.
- Provide ONE-Net Workstation Base Software Configuration engineering support in developing new deployable Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) automated or manual solutions for all new applicable and Operation System patches WBSC requirements.
- Provide technical solutions for all WBSC related issues as they arise in the production lab or in production environments.
- Engineering and testing Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) and Government off the Shelf (GOTS) applications, OS and hardware on ONE-Net Windows client baseline operating systems.
- Process Requests For Change (RFC) received; prepare installation procedures, test plans, and test reports; and create and update engineering and WBSC process documentation
- Conduct functional, security and Host Based Security System (HBSS) testing in the lab environment, then pilot testing in the production environment.
- Provide Patch Management for all approved baseline workstation applications and support the Engineering team to incorporate patches into the patch management system. Assist with issues regarding patch deployment to the operational sites during modernization efforts.
- Provide software support for all new approved Baseline Applications to correct deficiencies in production software
- Provide Information Assurance analysis and scanning of new Workstation models and applications using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) or applicable security analysis tools.
- Work with vendors to resolve any initial findings resulting from an IA security review and work with customers to obtain any required documentation, media or installation instructions as required to process the RFC.
- Ensure that WBSC hardware and applications are in compliance with DoDI 8510.01 and RMF.
- Support deficiency correction and modification for the WBSC Software Packages that will be deployed at eight separate environments (2 lab and 6 operational), as patches are released to include testing patches (manually and via automated methods) in the lab environment and documentation of patches that apply to a particular WBSC image version.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience.
- Experience with SCCM/MECM is required.
- Experience in Applications testing – Pre/Post Scans, ACAS, STIG, etc
- Creating installation procedures.
- Creating test procedures.
- Windows OS, Software applications Operating Systems and network experience.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting, problem solving and customer service skills.
- IAT Level II (Sec+ and Windows operating system certification).
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Active Secret Clearance required.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.