Seeking an experienced Network Engineer to perform a wide variety of duties, including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades and general support of Cisco and Juniper network equipment. This professional must be capable of applying sound engineering practices and technical skills to achieve both short and long-term goals as established by management. The candidate will assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices.
- Analyze customer requirements and provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of varying degrees of complexity.
- Perform maintenance and upgrade of networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, environmental units and networks.
- Maintain network integrity and connectivity while ensuring compliance with policies, as well as maintains system backup and recovery capabilities.
- Proactively monitor of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability.
- Maintain current knowledge and documentation of relevant technology and processes.
- Manage and troubleshoot network connectivity through the office.
- Provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Provide helpdesk support for network issued and responds to requests for IT support.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
- Support emergency 24 X7 on-call support, on a rotational basis.
- Must currently hold a TS/SCI and Poly clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline OR equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- At least 9 years of experience supporting network engineering experience performing maintenance and upgrades of networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems.
- Experience working within commercial cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc...).
- Experience with troubleshooting network connectivity and performance issues.
- Experience working with network monitoring tools.
- Experience with data center/enterprise operational maintenance support.
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, TCP/ICP routing, switching, firewalls and VPNs, Ethernet, routing concepts and routing protocols, VLANs, IP Addressing, Subnetting and VPN.
- Understanding or knowledge of cloud network concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills need to work with key stakeholders, engineering subject matter experts, and vendors.
- Quick learner and detail oriented.
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving and high pressure, constantly changing environment.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Able to support rotating on-call and after-hours support.
- Network certification, to include one or more of the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing and Switching (CCNP R&S)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Associate - Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIA-Junos)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Specialist- Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIS-Ent)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Professional - Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIP-ENT)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Associate - Security (JNCIA-Sec)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Specialist - Security (JNCIS-Sec)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Professional - Security (JNCIP-Sec)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.