Job ID: 2307051
Location: KIRTLAND AFB, NM, United States
Date Posted: May 16, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Description - External
Do you like mission critical work? How about helping to migrate systems to the cloud? If you do then keep reading.
Here at SAIC we are looking for you, our next Satellite Deputy Chief Engineer to support process integrity, scope execution, system cloud migration and architecture modernization across multiple technical disciplines to deliver engineering, development, integration and sustainment of numerous state-of-the-art satellite ground systems. Our program supports the Innovation and Prototyping and Enterprise Ground Services branches of the Space Systems Command (SSC) under the SZI and BCT Deltas. On this contract, the Engineering, Development, Integration and Sustainment (EDIS) team operates and sustains ground system networks and architects the evolution toward a modern, flexible, standardized ground system. You will get to work side-by-side with task order managers to address ground system environments for various mission partners. You will assess cross-domain architectures to analyze and incorporate modernization strategies and deliver high-quality recommendations/decision points that support products and the space acquisition enterprise. This is a fast pace / high tempo position working out of Kirtland, AFB NM with exciting opportunities to grow your career!
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
• Manage process integrity, critical skills and assured mission success within established risk exposure levels
• Advocate for a balanced delivery approach (technical, cost, schedule, risk) within program, stakeholder and customer communities ensuring collaboration across government, SETA, FFRDC and SAIC personnel
• Ensure resolution of critical technical issues across program/project and product lifecycles
• Lead, communicate and coordinate critical technical events, accomplishments and issues to facilitate appropriate engineering, IRT and subject matter expert engagement
• Serve as the primary program interface for charter and approval of technical reviews across the program to and from the customer communities and facilitate integration across same
• Ensure architecture and design upgrades address commonality, best use of resources and continuous process improvement to remove cost, preserve compliance, generate and adhere to best practices and achieve best value to the corporation and the acquisition customer
• Apply engineering standards ensuring compliance with customer and industry requirements as tailored by agreements with the customer
• Assist customer in demonstration of compliance with technical standards, effective engineering processes, mission assurance, design assurance, parts-processes-materials programs, quality, audit and internal integration, test and verification activities
• Assist in migration of existing ground systems into a cloud based structure at multiple classification levels across multiple mission partners
Qualifications - External
This is you:
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with 14 years of related experience with an emphasis on mission integration, satellite flight, ground systems and/or ground support equipment; or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline and 12 years of engineering experience with an emphasis on mission integration, satellite flight, ground systems and/or ground support equipment
• Must have an active TS with SCI eligibility and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
• Minimum 7 years’ experience managing a team of engineering and operational staff
• Minimum 7 years’ experience implementing and managing systems engineering processes on large DoD programs
• Experience and knowledge of Government contracts, subcontracts, interdivisional work agreements, finance and business operations methods, and technique
• Experience managing and overseeing the development of engineering documentation and procedures including configuration management and risk management
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage key personnel, integrate systems engineering scope and engage administrative personnel to achieve contract and corporate objectives while ensuring adherence to SAIC and Government directives, policies, regulations, laws and the contract
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Masters in engineering
• Operational test experience
• Developmental test experience
• Technical writing
• Competency in briefing engineering efforts to the government customer
• Able to work successfully under pressure and short suspenses
• Agile and Agile/Scrum experience
If this isn't the position for you but you know who could do the job and you want to refer, we will pay you. If they get Hired | You get Paid. Refer TODAY!
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.