SAIC is hiring a Senior Cyber Security Engineer for the Cloud One program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). The Cloud One Common Computing Environment is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data that will serve the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and U.S. Army (USA). Cloud One incorporates the capabilities of commercial cloud and Managed Service Providers (MSP) residing in Cloud Service Providers (CSPs). Cloud One facilitates the USAF and USA’s efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF and USA's IT operations. This position is 100% remote.
- Architect, plan, configure, deploy, maintain, and upgrade COTS/GOTS and custom toolsets to address vulnerabilities and/or implement security controls
- Apply a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations
- Design, test, and implement secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions
- Security control design and solution planning at the system, mission, and enterprise level, security-in-depth/defense-in-depth, and other related IAM/ISSO/ISSE support functions
- Involvement in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access
- Research and evaluate cyber capabilities and new security tools and products against operational requirements and introduce them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy to support the offensive and defensive capability design
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve technical and non-technical issues
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Guide the successful completion of major programs
- Represent organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects
- Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Assist in assessing the data Impact Level (IL) of migrating applications in accordance with the DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (SRG)
- Provide automated application of DoD-hardened STIG for platforms and application configurations
- Work with the government to implement and evolve phased ATO process for the environment using A&A automation and maximize the use of inheritance/reciprocity
Implement and provide a method of verification of the applicable DISA STIG, SRGs, and best practices
Provide Tier 3 Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) support, as well as interface with and meet requirements of the Tier 2 CSSP support providers
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
Additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Interim Secret clearance required to start; Ability to obtain a Secret clearance required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- Security + certification
- Information Assurance System Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) Level II certification IAW DoD 8570.01M
- Knowledge of DoD Policies and procedures including DoD 8500.01 and DoD 8510.01.
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and updating of security artifacts
- Experience with compliance verification methods including DISA STIG, SRGs, and best practices
- Experience with DevSecOps
- Knowledge of the DoD suite of security tools including ACAS, HBSS, and eMASS
- Compliant with DoD and USAF training requirements in DoDD 8570.01, DoD 8570.01-M, and AFMAN 17-1303
- Knowledge of cloud environments provided by AWS, Azure, OCI or GCP
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Visio
- Ability to provide timely remediation recommendations for audit findings and support POA&M reviews and recommendations
- Ability to support Code Review Security Vulnerabilities Remediation and updates to Risk Management Framework Artifacts
- Knowledge of DESMF
- CISSP certification
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
- Experience supporting USAF or USA software development projects
- Experience supporting software migration efforts
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.