SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Cyber Engineer Lead to join the PMO ASE team located in Huntsville, AL with experience in developing and supporting integration of cybersecurity engineering solutions on Army Platform Information Technology (PIT) and Information Systems (IS). We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to support the strategic planning and tactical execution of cybersecurity integration, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and cybersecurity acquisition lifecycle activities. Candidate will provide system security engineering (SSE) and integration expertise in support of the multiple legacy, full rate production, and operations/sustainment mission platform IT and USG IS supporting development and evaluation of Army mission systems. Candidate will support cybersecurity requirements development, system verification, and concepts of operations (CONOPS) development for all PMO ASE systems.
- Ensuring the cybersecurity architecture and design of the customer’s systems are compliant in accordance with DoD and Army cybersecurity requirements; functional and secure with the ability to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from cyber-attacks
- Serve as contractor Cybersecurity Lead supporting a Government O-ISSM and a team of contractor ISSOs
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with tactical systems architecture security policies and requirements
- Overseeing system and network designs that encompass multiple computer and network devices to include those with differing data protections/classification requirements
- Providing SSE, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions to enable cybersecurity implementation and integration
- Providing analysis and recommendations of industry approved COTS and GOTS semi-conductor product lines (CPUs, FPGAs, NICs, etc.) that are cyber resilient and can be utilized on a mission system
- Defining system security requirements, assessing system security architecture designs, and supporting the development and sustainment of Assess Only and Assess and Authorize RMF packages from concept development and contract pre-acquisition through contractor design and Army authorization
- Assist in development of cybersecurity program documentation such as the Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), System Security Plan (ISP), Program Protection Plan (PPP), and Configuration Management Plan (CMP)
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers
- Bachelors degree and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance prior to employment; must be able to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance to maintain employment.
- Cyber Workforce Management Program (DoDD 8140.01 & DoD 8570.01-m) Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level III and/or Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level I certified
- Knowledge of Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) and NSA approved product lines that support DoD National Security Systems
- Experience in assessing semi-conductor products (CPUs, FPGAs, NICs, etc.) and integrating existing and developing cyber resilient products into the engineering development lifecycle.
- Experience in defining, developing, implementing and sustaining system authorizations for the DoD, preferably Army defense systems and networks
- Solid understanding and technical knowledge of common cybersecurity engineering, architecture and design and principles
- Experience working across Army tactical systems and associated mission platform organizations to coordinate and identify system requirements that ensure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met
- Demonstrated experience working with DoD/Army customers in an acquisition environment, with tactical air or ground systems
- Army Tactical and Platform Mission experience is highly desirable
- Strong familiarity with DoDI 8510.01: Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53
- Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and system configuration validation and verification against documented security requirements
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.