SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the Surface Combat Systems Training Command (SCSTC) responsible for Functional Integration and Training of new technical and tactical improvements to the US Navy’s Surface Fleet in King George, VA.
- Provides Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including; concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system operations, performance analysis, lifecycle lost analysis estimation, decision analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions by evaluation of changes to current and future shipboard configurations, hardware, and software and analyze their impacts to training curriculum, SCSTC configurations, facility support systems, training support systems, training equipment, and service needs.
- Evaluates the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Provides direct support to the Core Certification Team by being proficient with the PEO Integrated Warfare System (IWS) certification process and knowledgeable of the systems for use onboard all surface combatants.
- Delivers continuous assessment of the certification criteria based on the metrics and artifacts provided by the government-industry team.
- Represents the Training Readiness Directorate (TRD) and provide feedback to ensure that the TDR has all the required information to make decisions regarding the installation and activation of new training equipment.
- Provides technical support in the creation of prototypes of new developments for Human System Integration (HSI) for Navy combat tactical and training systems. Specific tasking includes providing recommendations for Combat Information Center (CIC) arrangement designs and Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) for new AWS, BMD and SSDS baselines. This includes support for Battle Force Tactical Training (BFTT), Aegis Combat Training System (ACTS), Advance Training Domain (ATD) and Total Ship Training Capability (TSTC) for shipboard and training site installations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with the Aegis Combat System, the Aegis Weapon System and Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense.
- Strong customer relations skills are a must.
- Proficiency in both oral and written forms of communication are required.
- Must be proficient in MS 365 Office products to include Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Must already possess an active SECRET clearance.
- SSDS experience.
- CSOOW or higher qualification.
- Navy experience.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.