Job ID: 2306733
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a High-altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) & Hardness Maintenance/Hardness Surveillance (HMHS) Systems Engineer, supporting the Nuclear Command, Control & Communications (NC3) mission within the MILSATCOM Product Support Delta (SSC/CGM). The HEMP/HMHS Systems Engineer will assist SSC/CGM in identifying system deficiencies and developing executable sustainment solutions that can be effectively implemented in the field.
This position requires HEMP/HMHS compliance against a portfolio of strategic military satellite communication (MILSATCOM) systems in accordance with applicable DoD, CJCSI and USAF/USSF standards and instructions while reporting protected shelters or other protected volume system test results to USSTRATCOM/NEC in order to maintain mission-essential certifications, ensuring hardened critical components are at peak performance for their respective missions. Additional duties include leading technical discussions with senior government leadership, guiding integration of new hardware/software with both external and internal government agencies, performing analysis of proposed system modifications and other system technical assessments as needed.
- Provide support on HEMP/HMHS engineering and technical matters, reporting to the HEMP/HMHS Program Manager (PM)
- Act as a government liaison for HEMP/HMHS engineering activities, driving disciplined problem resolution by reporting blockers, issues & concerns, developing & recommending solutions and timely executing required system modifications
- Work with the HEMP/HMHS Engineering Manager (EM) to lead technical discussions including the presentation of engineering summaries to senior leadership, guiding integration of new hardware/software among internal and external stakeholders, authoring/reviewing technical documentation and directing technical analysis of system modifications while interfacing with industry partners
- Support technical aspects and processes associated with HEMP/HMHS certification efforts
- Support HEMP/HMHS test activities to include managing test schedules, maintaining test plans/procedures/records, reviewing/evaluating contractor test reports and maintaining/analyzing site test data and results
- Support the HEMP/HMHS Program Manager (PM) and Engineering Manager (EM) in the development of the HEMP/HMHS Annual Summary Report to the government customer
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or equivalent technical disciplines from an accredited university
- 2+ years of experience with MILSATCOM systems in the RF spectrum
- 2+ years of experience working with military or DoD civilian clients and managing professional relationships
- 2+ years working HEMP/HMHS engineering activities in support of legacy and transitioning MILSATCOM systems
- 3+ years of engineering experience across multiple projects within a diverse portfolio
- Knowledge of MILSATCOM and DoD mission system sustainment
- Knowledge of HEMP/HMHS standards and instructions such as MIL-STD-188-25-1 & 2, MIL-HDBK-423, MIL-STD-188-124, MIL-STD-419 & MIL-STD- 461
- Excels in establishing/maintaining positive customer relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office 365 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams)
• Hands-on experience performing multiple HEMP/HMHS testing events including Shield Effectiveness, Pulse Current Injection, Continuous Wave Immersion, INSPECTRAR, and Threat Lever Illumination (TLI)
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints, line drawings and schematics
- Demonstrated ability to produce technical Statement of Works (SOW), Bill of Materials, test plans and procedures
- US Citizenship and an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.