Job ID: 2306709
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Sustainment Systems Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO. SAIC supports the US Space Force’s military satellite ground and space communications systems, providing global secure, survivable, and protected communications for our nation’s warfighters.
The candidate will support sustainment activities for a diverse portfolio of strategic and tactical MILSATCOM space systems and infrastructure. The candidate will provide systems engineering and integration expertise in support of legacy space constellations including, but not limited to, Milstar, Advanced Enhanced High Frequency (AEHF) and Enhanced Polar System (EPS) and associated ground infrastructure, warfighter terminals and software applications such as Family of Beyond Line-of-Sight Terminal (FAB-T), Milstar Messaging System (MMS), Global Broadcast Service (GBS) and Ground Multiband Terminal (GMT) along with various other systems, subsystems and devices in a multidisciplinary environment. The candidate will also have a direct impact on new MILSATCOM space systems transitioning from the acquisition community to operational stakeholders.
This opportunity is an entry-level position for a candidate who is a self-starter and capable of autonomous, on-the-job learning/growth. We seek technical individuals who will thrive in a collaborative work environment of small teams tackling the challenges of sustaining complex, space-based, telecommunication systems. The candidate will have a positive, tangible effect across all aspects of the space system (spacecraft, uplinks/downlinks, command & control, networks, users) while improving overall combat readiness.
- Provides the government customer with MILSATCOM systems engineering advisory assistance, including daily engineering consultation in support of sustainment activities
- Engages the Joint space warfighting community, supporting sustainment tasks through established space systems engineering processes and procedures for requirements development, technical solution generation (hardware and software) and fielding to space warfighters
- Evaluates and produces products of a technical nature using technical rigor, adequacy, completeness, and appropriate application of the specialty engineering disciplines as standard process
- Assists with technology readiness assessments; identify risks and issues with proposed technologies while collaborating with other teams (i.e., Test & Evaluation, Integrated Logistics Support, etc.)
- Supports waiver, deviation and deficiency reviews, system allocations, and compliance assessments
- Conducts system/enterprise level engineering analysis to identify sustainment problem areas; provide impact analysis, forecast potential failures, and present options with potential to mitigate these problems
- Performs engineering analysis on organizational technical processes; suggests process improvements that increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of operations as required
- Supports formulation of relevant information of sustainment objectives and performs engineering analysis and system-level assessments for decision support at various meetings and sustainment forums
- Perform studies and analyses of military air, surface, maritime, space and cyberspace missions to assess integration, system-of-systems factors, system vulnerability and survivability, system
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution; will consider other Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) degrees from accredited institutions, with at least one year of experience
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD SECRET Security Clearance.
- Must be able to demonstrate engineering principles and concepts
- Expertise with requirements development and analysis, and the development of systems engineering-related documents including requirements/specifications, interface control documents, and validation & verification plans
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills; able to sort through complex issues and develop clear solutions, provide in-depth technical assessments and identify issues and risks
- Effective interpersonal and team player skills in order to engage at both the peer and management levels
- Ability to coordinate with numerous stakeholders/customers from DoD agencies to commercial industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Clear and concise written, verbal communications and presentation skills; able to clearly articulate ideas, recommendations and options to the customer
- Highly-organized individual, capable of handling multiple competing priorities; able to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and quickly adjust in a dynamic environment
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.